Windows 10: How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell

Discus and support How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Local and Microsoft accounts to the Administrators group in Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can do so with the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 5, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell

How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell add-local-microsoft-accounts-administrators-group-powershell.jpg
    If you want to add or remove Local and Microsoft accounts to the Administrators group in Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can do so with the help of Windows PowerShell. Here is the detailed guide you need to follow in order to get it done. There are multiple user account groups available in Windows […]

This article How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 5, 2022

2. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell

Local group administrator password

is 'local group administrator' a user you or someone else has created? (if so Frederik has given you the answer)

or are you confusing it with the administrators group on the local computer which contains all users with administrative permissions?

the group does not have a password, the users do. when asked for local group administrator password, you can use any user from that group.

if you log on as an administrator you can change/reset the password of other local users.

if you have forgotten the password for a Microsoft account you can reset it
    here

Martmcd, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

1. How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell - Similar Threads - add Local Microsoft

2. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  3. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  4. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?: How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new "root" local account to serve as local user with administrative privilegesNow, I need to use the GPO Preferences to add this...
  6. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?: How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new "root" local account to serve as local user with administrative privilegesNow, I need to use the GPO Preferences to add this...
  7. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Powershell - Local group creation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell - Local group creation: Hello, On a win10 pro machine, I´m trying to create multi local groups in same time with PowerShell. I´ve tried this command: New-LocalGroup -name "group1","group2","group3" but this method is not supported and in the doc I don´t find any explications on how to do it in...
  9. How to manage Local Users and Groups using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Local Users and Groups using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell can also be used to manage Local Users and Groups. This affirms to the principle of Windows 10 being a multiuser operating system. There are other GUI based utilities to manage Local Users and Groups. But some System [...] This post How to...
  10. account in the Local Administrators group

in Windows 10 Customization
    account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...