Windows 10: How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel

Discus and support How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Although there are many ways to open Local Group Policy Editor on Windows PC, if you want to open it from Control Panel, then this […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 22, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel

WinClub, May 22, 2020

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, May 22, 2020
  3. missing components group policy editor

I've been trying to enable Reopen last browsing session. I have a brand new Win 10 home laptop. I've finally got group policy editor installed and some options/folders are missing. local computer policy/administrative templates/windows components/internet
    explorer/internet control panel . This folder only contains folders for security page and advanced page. I need a folder labeled "General Page" to enable Reopen last browsing session. I have the same list under internet control panel in the user configuration
    menu. How do I add folders (and their contents) that are missing from the group policy editor?

How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel 1fc04725-364e-4bf2-b263-1ff4c8451458.png

Ric Whaltey, May 22, 2020
  4. How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel

After windows 10 latest update, unable to disable lock screen through group policy editor.

Hi Mehrad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while disabling the Lock Screen. I will certainly help you.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue.

Please mention the steps how exactly you have troubleshoot the issue using Group Policy Editor.

I suggest you to please follow the below mention steps in order to fix the issue:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the
      Run Command, and type gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, go to
      Computer Configuration
      >Administrative Tools>Control Panel>Personalization.
    • Now, click on the Action on the ribbon, and select
      Filter Options
    • Check on Enable Requirements Filters, and check
      Windows 10 Operating System
      , and click Ok.
    • Click on the Do not display the lock screen policy to edit it.
    • Select Disable, and click on Ok.
    • Restart the system, and check if it helps.

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty in disabling the Lock Screen. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel

1. How to add Local Group Policy Editor to Control Panel - Similar Threads - add Local Group

2. missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor: Hi, I just did a clean install to windows 11 but after the update group policy just got destroyed.I searched for solutions but no luck.1. https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-registry-pol-missing-windows-10.html2....
  3. missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor: Hi, I just did a clean install to windows 11 but after the update group policy just got destroyed.I searched for solutions but no luck.1. https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-registry-pol-missing-windows-10.html2....
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  5. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  6. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to open local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  8. Unable to open local group policy editor

Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  9. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  10. how to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10?: How to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-get-to-local-group-policy-editor-in-windows/244af81c-7a16-4bdf-93aa-bf91a1065cb4