Windows 10: How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

Discus and support How to add Media Center to Tech Preview in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If that doesn't work, do you have an image to restore to? I have images, but they were all made after I got configuring W10, so WMC is part of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. LittleJay Win User

How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

I have images, but they were all made after I got configuring W10, so WMC is part of them all. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have created an image right after the upgrade was done, but at that point I didn't think of it. *Sad

LittleJay, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Bummer!

I just got back online 15 minutes ago from a complete system wipe and fresh install of WTP, (on the SSD I might add!)
    I'm trying to take my time and not make any stupid moves in haste! All good so far.
    I've researched and documented a whack of stuff in the past couple hours but I've got to get my head around it all first and compile it into something presentable!
    Anyway, definitely don't install WMC!

Before clean install with WMC:

How to add Media Center to Tech Preview [​IMG]

After clean install:

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  3. LittleJay Win User
    I'm afraid a clean install is my only choice as well Edwin.

LittleJay, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

*Sick

If it's any consolation, it only takes about 20 minutes! *Redface *Wink

Document everything and good luck! *Smile

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    Thanks, I'm sure I'll need it!

LittleJay, Oct 6, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    Thanks for the post now I have to wipe mine too not to bad I installed on a bare metal laptop.
    Will allow me to install without M$ account.

labeeman, Oct 6, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    You're welcome.

Three observations:
    - DO NOT install WMC
    - not wise to try a watermark removal software
    - and, someone posted about all 'Installed Updates' being wiped out after recovering from an Image File, (but I failed to document that one!)

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  8. derekimo Win User

I noticed that error too on mine, I don't mind doing another clean install, it's all part of the testing game.

derekimo, Oct 6, 2014
  9. waltc Win User
    As per my above post, yes:

That will uninstall WMC from Win10TP. Then, simply do an upgrade reinstall right over the top of your current Win10 installation and when it concludes you will be right back to the Win10TP default.

I don't understand the objection to a reinstall--it only takes a few minutes, after all.

(Sometimes forums can be a gold mine of information--sometimes, but not if you don't read the posts...)

waltc, Oct 6, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Hi waltc. Yes I read your post, but since I upgraded to W10 through Windows Update I don't have an ISO file to redo the upgrade. The reason I went that way was that I have a limited amount of data usage per month through my wireless ISP and I was trying to stay under that, so it didn't cost me extra money.

LittleJay, Oct 6, 2014
  11. I tried the Windows Media thing and then did a complete clean install to rid of it.
    I really didn't want a Windows 8 water mark.
    I must say the WMP did work properly. I decided to wait until Microsoft update W-10 so we could install WMP the proper way.

Layback Bear, Oct 6, 2014
  12. alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add Media Center to Tech Preview - Similar Threads - add Media Center

2. Media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media center: Hi, upgraded my computer to window 10 pro but no longer able to get media center, used to play a slideshow of my best photo,s whilst listing to my music. can anyone recommend a replacement for this task. thank you regards...
  3. Portative scanner Media- Tech

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portative scanner Media- Tech: Hi, My windows 10 doesn"t recognize a portative scanner Media- Tech. What is a problem? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portative-scanner-media-tech/8d744724-6be2-4ca6-b28c-c2c199d149c4
  4. How to install Windows Media Center?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to install Windows Media Center?: Hi im used Windows 7 for a long time and used Windows Media Center.Now im bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I don't have Media Center.Im followed the instructions on a YouTube but it didn't work.Can I get some help?...
  5. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  6. MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSAHCI in the new tech preview?: I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean install of Win 7, [img] It automatically used msahci during install. This was a clean install of the Tech preview,...
  7. stop tech preview updating

in Windows 10 Support
    stop tech preview updating: hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860 9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened i go back to 9860 and then in the morning...
  8. Installing 10 tech preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  9. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  10. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]