Windows 10: How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer

Discus and support How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MIcrosoft "Photos" not Pictures does not appear in file explorer since I updated to Edge. It used to appear in Explorer. I can't upload pictures to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by curtjennings, Aug 9, 2020.

1. How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer

MIcrosoft "Photos" not Pictures does not appear in file explorer since I updated to Edge. It used to appear in Explorer. I can't upload pictures to e-Bay or other sites. How do I add Photos to the directory in File Explorer?

:)

curtjennings, Aug 9, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Hi Junaid

thanks for your response. Unfortunately this does not work. When I go to add a folder (in the Photos App) I can select a folder from Pictures, but the only drop down options is to 'Add this Folder to Pictures' - which it already in. Whichever way I try I
    cannot copy an album from F Explorer into the Photos App. There seems to be a missing link between steps two and three. The search option in the Photo App doesn't allow a search in File Explorer, which surely would be a simple thing for Microsoft to allow?

Sarah

SarahHogan1, Aug 9, 2020
  4. How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer

1. How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer - Similar Threads - add Microsoft Photos

2. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  3. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  4. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  5. pictures and file explorer

pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  6. Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in File Explorer: I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon. How do I get the little thumbnails back?...
  7. File Explorer Pictures

File Explorer Pictures: I have a problem opening picture files in File Explorer. I am running the latest update to Windows 10. I cannot open a picture file from File Explorer. The pictures not just an icon in the various folders show up in the Explorer screen, but when I double click to open, I get...
  8. Pictures in File Explorer

Pictures in File Explorer: I used to say pictures from facebook by right clicking and clicking save as and save them in a file on my computer. In File explorer it would show the pictures and I could add them to order. Now I just get a symbal and the number but not a picture. How can I have it so I...
  9. How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos

How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos: Hi to all, I'm fairly incompetent with my Windows 10, so I found a set of photos from years ago in Google photos and want to combine them in the Microsoft photos app. Please someone tell me how in simple terms....
  10. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures: Hi there I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual folders onto the Photo App but I haven't been able to do this. I've gone to the Import tab and select the folder but it...