Windows 10: How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

Discus and support How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tfwul, Jan 4, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu?

Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something.

I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however, that doesn't -move- the files, it merely copies the file.

Am unsure about the repeatedly corrected script solutions in some older threads that I found somewhere else.

Thanks.

p.s. I know there is a tutorial: "How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10", but AFAIK it does not include a specific folder

:)

tfwul, Jan 4, 2019

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Can't Open Specific Files and Folders through Taskbar Context Menus

I have notepad pinned to the taskbar. When I right click on it, I get a list of recently-opened files. When I click on one, the context menu dismisses itself, but nothing opens. This worked fine until a week or two ago.

The same issue occurs when trying to open specific folders by right-clicking on File Explorer in the taskbar.

ConnerHaffner, Jan 4, 2019
  4. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

1. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu? - Similar Threads - add Move specific

2. [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder

in Browsers and Email
    [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. When I open an URL containing image in my Chrome browser, upon right clicking on the image I get below option in the context menu. Is it possible to add save image as - in specific folder via some app? say Save image as - in Folder A - in...
  3. [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. When I open an URL containing image in my Chrome browser, upon right clicking on the image I get below option in the context menu. Is it possible to add save image as - in specific folder via some app? say Save image as - in Folder A - in...
  4. How to add Settings to context menu with icon

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Settings to context menu with icon: I found a video on how to add "Settings" to my context menu. It also explained how to add an icon to "Settings" which is the same operation. I now have "Settings" on my context menu but I have tried over and over to add an icon and it isn't working. But I can't seem to add...
  5. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  6. how to add seperator to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  7. Add or Remove Move to OneDrive Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Move to OneDrive Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Move to OneDrive Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Move to OneDrive Context Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is...
  8. Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Copy To folder,...
  9. How to add password on a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add password on a specific folder?: This is pretty simple. i just want to know how to add a password to a specific folder. So whenever the file is opened, the user is asked for a password. Thanks. 27813
  10. Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Empty Folder context menu in Windows 10 The Empty folder context menu will instantly and permanently delete everything in a folder after a one time Y/N confirmation to prevent emptying the...