Windows 10: How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile

Discus and support How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can someone please explain step-by-step how to set my wife up so she can log into her own account/profile on Windows 10? It appears I can't simply... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonBlade98, Jun 15, 2020.

1. How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile

Can someone please explain step-by-step how to set my wife up so she can log into her own account/profile on Windows 10? It appears I can't simply setup a log in for her without her having to create a Microsoft Account. Soooooooooo very frustrating. Every time I enter her email address, it states that email address is already in use, but when I try to log in with her email address, it states it's not a Microsoft account. Grrrrrrrrr.

Any information and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated since Microsoft no longer supports its Operating System anymore.

Thanks!

Jon

:)

JonBlade98, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    logging into windows through my profile

Hi Rich,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account of local account when logging in?
    • Are you getting an error? If yes, please provide us the exact error message.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile :(

Zakin, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile

1. How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile - Similar Threads - Add Wife Account

2. I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word: I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-wife-to-have-access-to-my-account-so-she/3fd75459-bd28-4b38-a17d-a403b34bd9e3
  3. I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word: I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-wife-to-have-access-to-my-account-so-she/3fd75459-bd28-4b38-a17d-a403b34bd9e3
  4. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  5. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  6. My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.: Microsoft says there is a problem with her pin, but won't let her reset it. She has forgotten her password, and it will not let her reset that. She is totally stuck. How can she reset anything?* Moved from Community Center...
  7. In win 11, I created an account for my wife but when she tries to login, it won't let her...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In win 11, I created an account for my wife but when she tries to login, it won't let her...: Xxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win-11-i-created-an-account-for-my-wife-but/b460cf2e-f5f4-4161-9d7b-41e12aa4a439
  8. In win 11, I created an account for my wife but when she tries to login, it won't let her...

In win 11, I created an account for my wife but when she tries to login, it won't let her...: Xxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win-11-i-created-an-account-for-my-wife-but/b460cf2e-f5f4-4161-9d7b-41e12aa4a439
  9. wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.: Her computer was working fine but suddenly the password stopped working 3 days ago. There were no updates, no hardware was added. I have my own computer and tried filling out an online form from Microsoft but they wouldn't accept the answers I tried to remember about her...
  10. I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?: I share my laptop with my wife. How to I add the office 365 program to her. She has her own account on our laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-share-my-laptop-with-my-wife-can-she-have-her/1d03ed96-5f65-4f6a-951a-ae3b5606db28