Windows 10: How to Add new Folder in Mail app

Discus and support How to Add new Folder in Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mna79, Aug 16, 2018.

1. mna79 Win User

How to Add new Folder in Mail app

I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more...

:)

mna79, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Windows 10 mail - new folders

We appreciate that you have already followed the guide on how to create a new folder on our Windows 10 Mail app. Since you're having issues creating a new folder by following the steps provided, have you already performed the troubleshooting that's listed
    in the article as well. If so, what were the results of the troubleshooting?

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 16, 2018
  4. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

Mail folders

Hi Charmaine,

You may add folders in the Mail app by utilizing the Add folder (+) icon.

In order to do so, please follow these steps:

• Under Folders, click More.
    • A pane will open then across All Folders click on the
      +
      icon.
    • You can name the folder then press Enter.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues with adding a new folder.

Katrina Men, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How to Add new Folder in Mail app

1. How to Add new Folder in Mail app - Similar Threads - Add Folder Mail

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  4. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app: Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try to sync the emails: “We couldnt access this account :talktalk.You might need to update your password or give the account...
  5. How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons: Hello guys! Is there anyway I can run the app and not see it in task bar? I was hoping that I can move the app to the tray icons but I didn't find any good information in the web.. Thank you!...
  6. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  7. Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app: I'm new to Win 10 and have been setting up everything on a new HP desktop this weekend. I created extra folders in the inbox on the old desktop email account for ease of use and want to do the same on the new desktop. I have followed the helpful information on MicroSoft's...
  8. How do I add a folder in Mail

How do I add a folder in Mail: There is no + next to the Folders and there are no updates to install. Anyone know how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-add-a-folder-in-mail/39ef41bd-51e4-4e53-a112-c085ba1e2e62
  9. Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail: Hello I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the native Mail application in Windows 10 can be a good alternative For now my feeling is mostly negative - I didn't find...
  10. Mail app cannot add new account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app cannot add new account: I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my...