Windows 10: How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive?

Discus and support How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! So I recently just upgraded my 256G SSD to a 1TB SSD. I did a clone of the old drive, installed the new drive and it booted just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr Corpsecicle, Nov 27, 2018.

1. How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive?

Hello!

So I recently just upgraded my 256G SSD to a 1TB SSD. I did a clone of the old drive, installed the new drive and it booted just fine. However, when I went to "extend" the un-partitioned section of the drive in the disk managment menu it only gave me an option to "create a new volume". This option did not give me the choice to allocate this space to the C drive, but only gave me the option of other letters. So now I have a full C drive and a 700gig open E drive. How do I make it so this open space is part of C drive, as I am trying to update some games that are installed on C?

:)

Mr Corpsecicle, Nov 27, 2018

2. Is it a good idea to extend C drive partition (SSD) with space from mechanical drive partition?

Hi,

I just got a new laptop with 256 GB SSD which is my C drive, and other 1 TB partition from mechanical drive. what if I extend size of my C drive taking storage space from the other 1 TB partition? will it degrade performance of C drive?

ASHUTOSH BAROT, Nov 27, 2018
  3. New ssd drive install

I installed an 120gb ssd drive with windows10 preinstalled on it, but when i go into the partitions it lists my boot drive as c drive but only has 50gb on it! next to that partition is another partition with 60gb free space, but when i click on the 60gb
    partition it just comes up help and i dont get any menu come up, menu only comes up on c drive! ive tried everything but nothing is working! so i have 60gb free and cant use them! can anyone help as im driving myself nuts here! Thanks

StewartMaingard, Nov 27, 2018
  4. How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive?

Expanding C drive partition

Hello. My SSD drive, where C is found, is too small now so I bought I larger SSD and cloned C. Now I need to expand the partition to take advantage of all that extra space on my new drive. How, please?

EdisonStewart, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive?

1. How to add new partition of new SSD back to C drive? - Similar Threads - add partition SSD

2. partitioning new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    partitioning new SSD: When setting up my new SSD with a fresh install of Windows 10, should I place Windows 10 within its own partition and if so how many GB of drive space should I allocate to that partition....
  3. partitioning new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    partitioning new SSD: When setting up my new SSD with a fresh install of Windows 10, should I place Windows 10 within its own partition and if so how many GB of drive space should I allocate to that partition....
  4. partitioning new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help with Partitions on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Partitions on a new SSD: Hi guys i have just upgraded my laptop HD to a 1g SSD Is it safe to partition this ssd without loosing the operating system that's already installed, and if so what program do you recommend Must be easy to use a hopefully free as i will only need it once I could use the disk...
  6. Help with Partitions on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Partitions on a new SSD: Hi guys i have just upgraded my laptop HD to a 1g SSD Is it safe to partition this ssd without loosing the operating system that's already installed, and if so what program do you recommend Must be easy to use a hopefully free as i will only need it once I could use the disk...
  7. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  8. Can't extend my C Drive nor add a new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't extend my C Drive nor add a new partition: My C: Drive has 237 Gb and I was hoping to add a new drive from Disk Management. But when I went there, there was no unallocated space to add a new drive. Only this see image was present: I tried shrinking the C drive and expanding the other partition and joining them, but...
  9. New laptop with SSD, partitioning?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop with SSD, partitioning?: I have bought a a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed on a 256GB SSD drive. I wanted to partition it so that C:\ would contain the OS, not sure how much to allow though, and then another partition for my own programs, purchased or free. And possibly another partition...
  10. Add recovery partition into C drive

Add recovery partition into C drive: I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like to add the space in this partition into the C drive, basically eliminating this recovery partition and expanding C the amount...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add partition to ssd

2. expand partition on new ssd

3. how to add a volume to ssd

4. how to add a new partition on a ssd drive windows