Windows 10: how to add option to create file.for Python

Discus and support how to add option to create file.for Python in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is there way to create another option to create python file with extension .py... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon.CZ, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Simon.CZ Win User

how to add option to create file.for Python

is there way to create another option to create python file with extension .py

:)

Simon.CZ, Dec 26, 2018

2. Python, there a metacharacter for the statement to match anything?

I want this python script to open a txt file which will likely have a changing timestamp as a name. so ultimately id like:

file= open('*.txt', 'r')

to work, but it doesnt, cause it looks at * as a character.

Any suggestions

Hybrid_theory, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Made a Mistake with Python

I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings.

Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I installed Python 3.5.4.3504. It shows up in the app list in Settings.\

I then figured out I didn't need Python because I was not going to use the standalone DeDRM removal app but just the DeDRM removcal plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall Python 3.5.4.3504.

I then remembered about the earlier Python install and was wondering if the new Python installation had maybe overwritten the earlier one. Since I need Python for Veracrypt to work, I decided to cancel uninstalling. For the last half hour, I have been looking at at the Python popup saying "canceling" and the cursor showing an hourglass.

1. Is it likely that Python 3.5.4.3504 replaced the previously installed Python ?

2. Was it a mistake to cancel uninstalling? If yes, what should I have done?

EDIT: I restarted and Python 3.5.4.3504 is still installed. VeraCrypt works. I still would like to know why after I canceled uninstalling, the canceling process would not stop.

battlezone, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. how to add option to create file.for Python - Similar Threads - add option create

2. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?: While trying to uninstall python to solve some errors, I have deleted that folder in the Windows Registery all all the subfolder as well then: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python. That was probably reckless, and now even if I reinstall Python, the folder is gone and it looks...
  3. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?: While trying to uninstall python to solve some errors, I have deleted that folder in the Windows Registery all all the subfolder as well then: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python. That was probably reckless, and now even if I reinstall Python, the folder is gone and it looks...
  4. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Python-based executable file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Python-based executable file: Hello! I tried to convert from .PY Python file to .EXE Executable. But if I ejected it, the AntiVirus says this program is malware.File converted to EXE: pythoncolorama.pyMalware type: Wacatac.B!ml trojanBut the Antivirus could remove it automatically. Why am I facing this...
  6. Python-based executable file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python-based executable file: Hello! I tried to convert from .PY Python file to .EXE Executable. But if I ejected it, the AntiVirus says this program is malware.File converted to EXE: pythoncolorama.pyMalware type: Wacatac.B!ml trojanBut the Antivirus could remove automatically. Whi am I facing this...
  7. Python-based executable file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python-based executable file: Hello! I tried to convert from .PY Python file to .EXE Executable. But if I ejected it, the AntiVirus says this program is malware.File converted to EXE: pythoncolorama.pyMalware type: Wacatac.B!ml trojanBut the Antivirus could remove automatically. Whi am I facing this...
  8. Python-based executable file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. python files are curropted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    python files are curropted.: my python files turned to globe icon and i can't open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/python-files-are-curropted/391d3f1e-784b-4a67-b0de-9933641c9081
  10. Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked: Today I installed Python 3.7 with these two options checked in installation wizard. (1) Add Python 3.7 to PATH (2) Install for all users. After installing when I restart my PC, got the blue screen error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". After that, I reinstall Python 3.7 With "Add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create options in python