Windows 10: How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you do not need the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer, you can remove it in Windows 11/10 using these methods. Here are some of the ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10

How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10 add-remove-microsoft-xps-document-writer-printer-5.jpg
    If you do not need the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer, you can remove it in Windows 11/10 using these methods. Here are some of the ways to remove the Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer and make the list uncluttered. What is Microsoft XPS Document Writer used for? You can use Microsoft XPS Document Writer […]

This article How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 20, 2021

2. Microsoft XPS Document Writer Download for Windows 10

>>Found this link - worked for me! Allowed me to reinstall XPS Document Writer.<<

How to force XPS Service installation on Windows 10?

This worked perfectly for me. Downloaded the zip file and followed the KB instructions. Worth repeating here:

File download found here -- just click download: Microsoft-XPS-Document-Writer.zip

Instructions: I followed them with following exceptions -- ignore Windows 7, worked for Windows 10. I could not remove the XPS printer because it was not there. I just ignored that and went to Add printer. All else I followed and XPS was installed.

How to resolve PDF issues on windows 8?
    On Windows 8 Emailing forms, previous bank reconciliation reports, and saving as PDF within the program may get resolved by the following Steps:

1. Download and extract the Windows 7 XPS document writer printer drivers containing folder from here Microsoft XPS Document Writer Click File and Download.
    2. Copy and paste this folder to C Drive\Windows\System32.
    3. Open Devices and Printers using Windows key+ R to get the run box and type Control.exe Printers and press Enter.
    4. Right Click Microsoft XPS Document Writer and Click Remove Device.
    5. Click Add a new printer and Click on “A printer that wasn’t listed”
    6. Select “add local printer with manual settings” and Click next.
    7. Select the radio button Create a new Port,Type of port Local port and Click next.
    8. Enter a port as XPS and click ok.
    9. Click have disk and Browse to the C Drive\Windows\System32\Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    10. Select prnms001 file and click open and the ok.
    11. Select replace Current drivers and next.
    12. Type a printer name will show up as Microsoft XPS Document Writer just click next and Finish.
    Test: Open Quickbooks and open any invoice and Click File and Save as PDF and save to the desktop and check if that invoice got saved as PDF.

RobertMannel, Jul 20, 2021
  3. CMBrown Win User
    Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 10

Since my last Windows 10 update, I have not been able to print. It seems my issue is caused by a missing Microsoft XPS Document Writer. In step 1 of Option 5, the lines for XPS Services and XPS Viewer do not even appear in my Window Features window. What do I need to do?

CMBrown, Jul 20, 2021
  4. How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10

Windows 10 and XPS Document Writer issues

Hi Briston,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What files you are trying to save using XPS document writer?

• Is the issue specific with the files?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    You may follow the below article to fix the issues with Printer.

Fix printer problems
    Fix printer problems

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10

1. How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Microsoft

2. Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I would like to install the Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I did this successfully on one PC already as follows:Go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Devices and PrintersClick "Add a Printer"Click "The printer I want isn't listed"Choose...
  3. Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working: [ATTACH]In this article, we will discuss what you should do if you find that the Microsoft XPS Document writer is not working on your Windows 11/10 device. Microsoft XPS Document Writer is a print-to-file driver that is used to create XPS (XML Paper Specification) files on a...
  4. Windows XPS Document Writer not showing up in printer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XPS Document Writer not showing up in printer options: I'm setting up a new HP PC with Windows 10. After initial install, I went through and uninstalled all the usual nuisance apps & programs and I'm pretty sure I MAY have inadvertently uninstalled XPS in that tedious process. I also made the tactical error of NOT creating a...
  5. Windows XPS Document Writer not showing up in printer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XPS Document Writer not showing up in printer options: I'm setting up a new HP PC with Windows 10. After initial install, I went through and uninstalled all the usual nuisance apps & programs and I'm pretty sure I MAY have inadvertently uninstalled XPS in that tedious process. I also made the tactical error of NOT creating a...
  6. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer: Microsoft XPS Document Writer inadvertently deleted this printer. It is needed for Quickbooks to email. How and can I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/4b45010a-a2c7-4b8f-aec0-6107c5642424
  7. Microsoft XPS Document Writer gone again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer gone again!: After your recent update I am unable to use Microsoft XPS document writer, which I need to run Quickbooks. Same problem occurred last year. Please help again....
  8. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer: I have Microsoft XPS Document Writer and can print to it but I cant read any of the files from my previous computer that were dprinted to it. I have several years of files save to this printe and cant ready any of them since replacing my previous computer....
  9. microsoft xps document writer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft xps document writer: how to get Microsoft xps document writer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/96f1d195-bb23-482c-94e1-6c70ca36f3fd
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Windows 10 Windows 10 allows you to Print to XPS natively using the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer feature. Microsoft XPS...