Windows 10: How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

Discus and support How to add programs to the Default Apps list? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tmp1throw, Feb 8, 2021.

1. tmp1throw Win User

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one and maybe even forget a format.

Using Windows 10 Build 19042.631.

:)

tmp1throw, Feb 8, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to add programs to the Default Apps list? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 8, 2021
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Feb 8, 2021
  4. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

...actually this does solve the problem. After doing the steps "Open With" from File Explorer, clicking "More Apps", selecting Kodi. Then the next time when I go to "Default apps", "Choose Apps", now Kodi is included in the list.

This feels like a strange workaround, but it works.

Uffe Peter Walderö, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

1. How to add programs to the Default Apps list? - Similar Threads - add programs Default

2. Program does not appear in default app list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program does not appear in default app list: Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of nothing.When I go change the default app in settings, it does not show Neoconnect in the list and the only option is the win...
  3. Add custom program to Default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add custom program to Default apps: Hi, I want to select a custom program as my music player, photo viewer and video player in the settings. Its a standalone .exe file. I know I can change it for a single file type using right click -> open with, but it would be easier if I could register the program to appear...
  4. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  5. How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs: Hi, I know that windows mail is not a .exe file and is a .mui file, but is there anyway to add these apps to a list of programs. In my case I need to let my computer know to use integrated graphics when running the mail app I have a problem with the mail app and my dedicated...
  6. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding programs to the list of Default Apps: I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches. It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I...
  7. How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?: I'm trying to add my own program (AkelPad) to the list of Default programs. [img] I created and applied the reg-file, but the program still is not in the list. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AkelPad\Capabilities]...
  8. Any way to add programs to default list?

Any way to add programs to default list?: I use Eudora 7.1 for email in Windows 10. It's an old program that is no longer supported; however, it works perfectly. But it's not showing as my default email program and isn't listed among available choices. Is there any way to add it to the list so I can make it the...
  9. How to add app to Win10 default programs

How to add app to Win10 default programs: Hi, I installed some softwares (for audio and vedio) in my Win10 Laptop, which are not shown in Default program list. I wonder how to add these installed programs to the Default program list. Thanks. 65898
  10. Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists

Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists: Hi guys, Does anyone have a Tutorial, link, or tested ideas on: 1. How to manually add a program to Default Programs List in Win 10, if it doesn't show up for a current user? I don't want to create a new user account for that even if its possible that way. 2. How to...