Windows 10: How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

Discus and support How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [IMG]If you wish to wirelessly project your screen to an external display, Microsoft has added a feature to Project Display on a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

WinClub, Sep 10, 2019

2. windows 10 desktop icon context menus

Hi Ramon,

In reply to your questions:

• Asus, not sure of model - 64 bit desktop system, Asus motherboard, Intel E5300 dual-core @ 2.6 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 600 Gb disk (<80% full).
    • No error messages at all.
    • None of the desktop shortcuts (icons) launch their apps, including old original shortcuts and newer ones. (In other words, all icons' context menus misbehave the same way.)
    • No changes or custom mods... off-the-shelf prebuilt system, stock Windows install. Strictly used for home office functions - no gaming or external hardware hung off the PC.
    Some additional points:

• Note that the Win-X context menu also mostly not working - none of the utilities launch from the choices on the upper 75% of the menu, only system functions (Run, Shutdown, etc.) at the bottom.
    • Also note that context menus work normally elsewhere in the system: like inside File Explorer, and inside the Start Menu.
    • Not aware of any other issues anywhere in my system. Applications run promptly and at normal speed, no unusual hangs or error pop-ups. (BTW, Windows tablet mode is OFF - I checked.)
    • Windows 10 was an upgrade directly from Windows 7.
    • At that time everything worked, including all the desktop shortcut context menus and Win-X.
    • The context menus on the desktop stopped functioning after the Anniversary update... now shortcuts only launch on double-click from mouse.
    • All additional MS updates and patches since that time have successfully installed.
    Thanks for your help.

WarrenClearfield, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

windows 10 desktop icon context menus

(Windows 10 with Anniversary Update, patched up to date.) Following installation of Anniversary Update I have 2 context menu issues. When I right-click a desktop shortcut the context menu appears but Open, Run As Administrator, and Pin to Start don't work
    - e.g., the app won't launch and it won't pin to the Start Menu (but it will pin to Taskbar). On the other hand, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties do work. It doesn't matter which shortcut I try, and this all worked before the upgrade. Also the Win-X menu
    pops open, but none of those choices work either except the 4 bottom ones - Desktop, Shutdown, Run, and Search. Again, if the choice is to run a program, there may be a momentary spinner, but nothing starts up. The shortcuts only launch if I double-click,
    and the context menus seem to work from inside the Start list (including creating a tile and pinning to the Start Menu from there.

I've tried different Google searches, but none of the hits quite describe my issues. One of the postings that came close suggested running a utility called ShellExView. I disabled all 7 suspect non-MS context menus it identified, but that made no difference.
    So, can anybody help?

WarrenClearfield, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

1. How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu - Similar Threads - add Project Display

2. Windows Context Menu not displaying all options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Context Menu not displaying all options: Look, while I understand you are trying to streamline things, my context menu is greatly missing items. Microsoft says it has Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Share and Delete at the top of the menu.Not mine, it has no shortcuts at the top, which means anytime I want to do any of...
  3. Windows Context Menu not displaying all options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Context Menu not displaying all options: Look, while I understand you are trying to streamline things, my context menu is greatly missing items. Microsoft says it has Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Share and Delete at the top of the menu.Not mine, it has no shortcuts at the top, which means anytime I want to do any of...
  4. How to Add Troubleshooters to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Troubleshooters to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11: [ATTACH]The Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer by default ships with a number of built-in troubleshooters that PC users can run on a device to diagnose and automatically fix common problems for example Windows Update, Bluetooth, Network, Printer, etc. There are many ways to...
  5. How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It is important that you have convenient access to the most frequently used utilities while working on your computer. One of these, at least for me, is Windows Settings. They serve a plethora of purposes and I heavily rely on them. One of the easiest ways to make them...
  6. How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If someone wants to boot to Advanced Startup Options, it becomes really tricky. This is so because it is hidden deep inside the Windows 10 Settings App. This makes it really tedious for someone to use the feature and hence makes [...] This post How to add...
  7. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  8. Add Project Display context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Project Display context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Project Display context menu in Windows 10 How to Add a Project Display context menu in Windows 10 main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC screen only, duplicate on second display, extend across all displays, or second screen only....
  9. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...
  10. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...