Windows 10: How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

Discus and support How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [IMG]If you wish to wirelessly project your screen to an external display, Microsoft has added a feature to Project Display on a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

WinClub, Sep 10, 2019

2. windows 10 desktop icon context menus

Hi Ramon,

In reply to your questions:

• Asus, not sure of model - 64 bit desktop system, Asus motherboard, Intel E5300 dual-core @ 2.6 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 600 Gb disk (<80% full).
    • No error messages at all.
    • None of the desktop shortcuts (icons) launch their apps, including old original shortcuts and newer ones. (In other words, all icons' context menus misbehave the same way.)
    • No changes or custom mods... off-the-shelf prebuilt system, stock Windows install. Strictly used for home office functions - no gaming or external hardware hung off the PC.
    Some additional points:

• Note that the Win-X context menu also mostly not working - none of the utilities launch from the choices on the upper 75% of the menu, only system functions (Run, Shutdown, etc.) at the bottom.
    • Also note that context menus work normally elsewhere in the system: like inside File Explorer, and inside the Start Menu.
    • Not aware of any other issues anywhere in my system. Applications run promptly and at normal speed, no unusual hangs or error pop-ups. (BTW, Windows tablet mode is OFF - I checked.)
    • Windows 10 was an upgrade directly from Windows 7.
    • At that time everything worked, including all the desktop shortcut context menus and Win-X.
    • The context menus on the desktop stopped functioning after the Anniversary update... now shortcuts only launch on double-click from mouse.
    • All additional MS updates and patches since that time have successfully installed.
    Thanks for your help.

WarrenClearfield, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

windows 10 desktop icon context menus

(Windows 10 with Anniversary Update, patched up to date.) Following installation of Anniversary Update I have 2 context menu issues. When I right-click a desktop shortcut the context menu appears but Open, Run As Administrator, and Pin to Start don't work
    - e.g., the app won't launch and it won't pin to the Start Menu (but it will pin to Taskbar). On the other hand, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties do work. It doesn't matter which shortcut I try, and this all worked before the upgrade. Also the Win-X menu
    pops open, but none of those choices work either except the 4 bottom ones - Desktop, Shutdown, Run, and Search. Again, if the choice is to run a program, there may be a momentary spinner, but nothing starts up. The shortcuts only launch if I double-click,
    and the context menus seem to work from inside the Start list (including creating a tile and pinning to the Start Menu from there.

I've tried different Google searches, but none of the hits quite describe my issues. One of the postings that came close suggested running a utility called ShellExView. I disabled all 7 suspect non-MS context menus it identified, but that made no difference.
    So, can anybody help?

WarrenClearfield, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu

1. How to add Project Display option to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu - Similar Threads - add Project Display

2. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  3. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  4. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  5. how to add seperator to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  6. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu: I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party An old problem came back, after a shutdown, the system "resumes" instead of starting without the option of allowing me to get into the bios. I...
  7. How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu: Hello all ! I have a simple question that how can we disable "view" option from desktop context menu. [img] any help would be appriciated. thanks in advance 85555
  8. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: Done. Thank you Shawn. Have you added the tutorial yet where you can choose to start either safe mode or your OS? I hope you recognize it from this poor description as I can't remember the actual name you used *Redface. 3247
  9. Turn Off Display cascading context menu - Add in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Display cascading context menu - Add in Windows: Shawn, it may not be an issue with everyone, but the Nircmd can sometimes remain in memory after execution of the command, and cause the display to turn back on or cause other issues, when using the default parms: "nircmd.exe cmdwait 1000 monitor off" will execute...
  10. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: So neither of these options works anymore. I tried the 'automated' process, neither of which worked. I then tried manually disabling Personalize in the Registry Editor. I was able to disable the program by inserting a '-' before the default string of Data, which left...