Windows 10: How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge

Discus and support How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are using the Edge browser and you want to add, remove or manage Quick Links on the New Tab page in Edge, then […] This article How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge

WinClub, Aug 5, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Aug 5, 2020
  3. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Bagshot77 Win User

Edge not opening links in new tab

Hello. I was using Edge over the last couple of months or so and had no problems with it. However, just recently (last couple of weeks) Edge has started to behave very differently indeed.

First off, when I click on a link on Edge's home page (news, sport, etc) it opens the link in a completely new window, rather than a new tab, which is what it was doing before. I haven't changed any settings that I can think of, so why all of a sudden has
    this started happening? It's annoying. How can I get it back to opening links in a new tab?

Secondly, Edge's start page keeps getting stuck in this infinite loop, where the page just refreshes over and over again. It's like someone is leaning on the F5 key. The only way to stop it from happening is to close it down and open it again. Why is this
    happening?

Edge was quite cool at first but is rapidly becoming an annoyance. It wastes so much of my time. Please, can someone offer any suggestions that can help me with these problems?

Thanks.

Bagshot77, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to add, remove, manage Quick Links on New Tab page in Edge - Similar Threads - add remove manage

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. How to add and remove Outlook Smart Tile to New Tab Page in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to add and remove Outlook Smart Tile to New Tab Page in Edge: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will describe the process to add and remove Outlook Smart Tile to the New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge. By adding this feature to Edge, Microsoft has made it easier for users to keep track of their recent emails. After adding the Outlook Smart Tile...
  4. How to hide Quick Links on a New tab page in Edge using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Quick Links on a New tab page in Edge using Registry Editor: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will show you how to hide the Quick Links menu on the New Tab page in Edge using Registry Editor. Microsoft Edge comes with a Quick Links menu. Edge automatically adds the websites to this menu that you visit the most. This lets you visit your...
  5. Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links: Good morning,On the Edge browser, there are quick link tiles at the bottom of the page quick links to favorite websites. I am able to edit, remove and new tiles. After removing the unwanted tiles, I restart the browser, and the default tiles are automatically added back....
  6. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  7. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  8. New tab page - Quick Links do not display as buttons anymore

in Browsers and Email
    New tab page - Quick Links do not display as buttons anymore: Just out of curiosity only . . . Edge (v.84.0.522.63 on Windows 10 x64 18363.836), new tab page, the quick links, they are there alright, but do not show anymore as 'buttons'. See attachment. 163257
  9. How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium engine powers the new Microsoft Edge browser. With the support of the Chromium engine, it brings in support for extensions from the Chrome Web Store as well. However, Microsoft has posted a list of separate extensions that they [...] This post...
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826