Windows 10: How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop?

Discus and support How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My question refers to windows default apps, such as Calendar, Skype, Maps, etc. Please don't tell me right click and go to "Open file location" and so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadaliZahmatkesh, May 6, 2020.

1. How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop?

My question refers to windows default apps, such as Calendar, Skype, Maps, etc.

Please don't tell me right click and go to "Open file location" and so on ..because there is not such an option for these pre-installed apps! When you right click on them, there is no "Open file location" option.

:)

MohammadaliZahmatkesh, May 6, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 6, 2020
  3. How to create desktop shortcut for newly installed apps from Windows 10 store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

When you install any app from the store, the app will be in the start menu "all apps" list or on the start menu tiles.

Follow the below steps to place a shortcut for apps from store.

1. Click on the start menu and select all apps.

2. Select the app for which you want a shortcut on the desktop.

3. Click the app and drag the it to the desktop screen.

4. You may follow the same steps to create a shortcut for other apps as well.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 6, 2020
  4. How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 6, 2020
Thema:

How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop?

1. How to add shortcut of Windows pre-installed apps on desktop? - Similar Threads - add shortcut pre

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  4. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Pre installed apps

Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  6. Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps: Hello! I recently got a new laptop and many apps such as Spotify came pre-installed. However, I can only access them through the start menu or if I pin them to the taskbar, but I can't create a shortcut on my desktop. I've tried dragging the icon from the start menu to the...
  7. Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps

Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps: Hello! I recently got a new laptop and many apps such as Spotify came pre-installed. However, I can only access them through the start menu or if I pin them to the taskbar, but I can't create a shortcut on my desktop. I've tried dragging the icon from the start menu to the...
  8. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  9. How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?: I frequently want to change which audio output device is used by specific apps, and would like to add a desktop shortcut which opens the "App volume device preferences" settings page. Is there any way of doing this? e.g. is there is an ms-settings:xxxx URI that I can use for...
  10. How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?: You're most welcome. *Smile

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add app to desktop shortcut

2. how to move apps to desktop