Windows 10: How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu

Discus and support How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, is it safe to use this approach and resource files in Windows 10 Anniversary? Thanks, 61516 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sara, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Sara Win User

How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu

Hey there, is it safe to use this approach and resource files in Windows 10 Anniversary?
    Thanks,

:)

2. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

hi .. i hav found one trick by which we can hide all photos and videos/mp3 from gallery.

m using this ith my nokia c3 . very nice privacy trick.

Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS

rockpop989, Aug 24, 2016
  3. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

S40 WHAT AN OUTDATED VERSION OF SOFTWARE NOKIA X2 IS HAVING...How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu :(

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu :(

sharanukumar, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Sara, *Smile

Yes, that will still work in Windows 10.

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Sara Win User
    Thanks, I'll try that *Smile

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Sara Win User
    It works like a charm *Smile Thank you for this lovely tweak.
    The "right click + shift key" option from this source.

How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu [​IMG]

8. m18xr2 Win User

this is what i could find closest to what i needed. wondering if you could help me, couldnt get checkmark to work with this particular context menu "show/hide all hidden files". from your post

"Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10"
    my understanding is that, "PaneID"="{43abf98b-89b8-472d-b9ce-e69b8229f019}" shows check mark when ON and I wanted it to work with LUAShield icon (I don't know the id in shell). I have "show/hide all hidden files" registry in context menu and it uses command to a .vbs so i not sure if needs to be done to both registry & vbs or only registry.

I have added string value HasLUAShield and icon shows LUA shield in context menu, then i added additional string which is that bolded line, but when hidden files are showing the context menu not showing checkmark, just shows LUA shield icon.

below is screenshot if you could help me, thanks!

m18xr2, Feb 5, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @m18xr2,

I'm afraid that line only works for the specific details pane check mark. It won't work for this one.

I'm not aware of a way to have a check mark toggle for this context menu.

If you like, here's a newer version of this context menu below to toggle show hidden items in Windows 10. I suppose you know it's on when you see faded items that used to be hidden.

*Arrow Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Feb 5, 2018
  10. m18xr2 Win User
    thank you Brink, I guess I'm just out of luck.
    another question if you don't mind, I have also attached another screenshot below (with editing of course). for detail pane in windows 10/8.1, anyway to change the size of panel box (not the traditional small, medium, large type, but the actual length/height of pane bar.)

m18xr2, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @m18xr2,

I'm afraid only the left border of the details/preview pane can be adjusted left or right for width.

You can adjust the height of File Explorer that would include the details/preview pane, but separately.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu - Similar Threads - Add Show Hide

2. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  3. How to show or hide Pin to Quick access in context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Pin to Quick access in context menu in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to show a Pin to Quick access option in the right-click context menu in Windows 11, this guide will help you do that using the Registry Editor. With the help of this option, you can pin any folder to the Quick access menu in the File Explorer. What is...
  4. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide file bypassing show hidden items?: I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides...
  5. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  6. how to add seperator to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  7. Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu: In some applications (Office 2010, Adobe Reader DC) right-clicking on the screen shows a context menu but then usually hides it again. Holding the right button down or double-clicking sometimes makes the menu stay after the button is released, and sometimes the context menu...
  8. Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Slide Show to Context Menu of Files in Windows 10 [img] Information When you select one or more images in a folder containing pictures (image files) in Windows 10, you can view them as a slide show. By...
  9. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  10. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...