Windows 10: How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10

Discus and support How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Now that we have successfully hosted an FTP Server, configured its connections to pass through Windows Firewall, set up the FTP server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 21, 2019

2. How to login to a FTP server with specific user account by Edge ?

In IE, I can type

ftp://ftp.test.com

or

ftp://*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

or

ftp://user:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

to login the ftp server with specific user account.

But Edge always and only login with anonymous account.

Is this a bug ? or the Edge just doesn't support this function anymore ?

JackyHsu_Q, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Web/FTP Servers and Users

Errrr... The server is only for me right now. There won't be any other users. (yet) I'm looking for the most basic ftp setup. I just need a way to transfer the files for the website to the server. But, I still want to make the server secure, as if this were a real production server. So I want to do things the 'right' way instead of hacking together some solution.

I forgot to change something that I was testing in the Apache config. It's working now with a document root of /srv/http. (It also worked when the document root was in a user's home directory, but I want a centralized location.)

angelkiller, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add specific users to access an FTP Server on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add specific users

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trouble accessing accounts on a Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble accessing accounts on a Windows 10 FTP server: After enabling file/printer sharing, I at least get ping replies from the Win 10 computer, but I'm still not able to log on its FTP accounts. If I use the command-line FTP tool on Windows XP, it says "Connected to host", but I get no login prompt. If I test via Microsoft Edge...
  6. How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Until now, we have taken a look at how to set up an FTP Server and how to configure it to be accessed from an external network via the Internet. But to make the most out of it, not only [...] This post How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10 is...
  7. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...
  8. FTP Server can not access some HDDs

FTP Server can not access some HDDs: I have enabled the built in FTP server in Windows 10. In the IIS console I have set up access to all 4 of my HDDs(Win 10 x64 runs on an SSD) but only 2 of them are visible. I have made sure my account has ownership of the drives and has sufficient permissions. What would...
  9. Ftp server

Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192
  10. How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?: Hello, I would like to access the microsoft FTP server but have found no way of doing it. Going into a browser and typing ftp.microsoft.com doesnt work and this happens [img] (i have hidden all the stuff related to me) So if you beautiful people of the windows 10 fourms...