Windows 10: how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

Discus and support how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SlickRCBD, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users.

Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another user might need like psshutdown or procexp64, and the ones I (the admin) might need when signed in with my limited standard account.

However, they aren't appearing on the Windows 10 Start menu even though I copied them to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\SysinternalsSuite

I would have expected them to appear mashed together with all the other stuff in

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\

but instead they don't appear at all.

Every other thing that has nested subfolders just mashes everything together in one mess of a directory with no organization (which made the stuff I have from GOG.com a mess trying to figure out which "manual" applies to which game as it's all one big mess in "Games" or "GOG .com/galaxy", as is "maintenance and "utilities")

Yet the sysinternalsuite doesn't appear at all. Is it because they are the actual programs rather than shortcuts? Again, this hasn't been an issue before. I should also mention that I put it in the "System Tools" folder in the "Accessories" folder on Windows 95, 98 first edition, and 98 Second Edition, so this has been a practice for over 20 years.

How would be the best way to add the Sysinternal suite to the start menu for all users?

Also my Start menu is way too long with lots of junk I rarely use. Being able to put most of it into subfolders like in older versions of Windows would be nice, but half the stuff doesn't appear in the aforementioned folder nor in the user's folder at:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

:)

SlickRCBD, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Neilg Win User
    how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Aug 19, 2019
  4. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

1. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu - Similar Threads - add sysinternalssuite win10

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. Add Calendar to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Calendar to Start Menu: Using Office 2019 on Windows 10, how do I add a calendar to the start menu that when pinned to start displays only the number for today's date? i.e. 17 Moved from: Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Office 2019 ***Modified title from: Start Menu Calendar***...
  5. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  6. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409
  7. How to add remove right click menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add remove right click menu in Win10: Hi When I right click a file I don't see run script, compile script and edit script options in window 10. I want to these in right click menu but not able to include them in right click menu. Someone please guide me how to customize right click menu for these items. Thanks....
  8. How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?: I prefer to use IE 11 as my default browser in Windows 10 but have added Firefox and Chrome to the Open With menus of .url and .html file types for when I want to open those particular file types in those browsers. I've been trying to figure out how to add MS Edge to the Open...
  9. How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?: Just got Windows 10 a few hours ago. I don't see how you pin icons for programs to the LEFT side of the start menu. I can pin things to the right side, but I don't want those tiles. 34220
  10. How to add Run to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Run to Start Menu: Normally Winkey+R will open the run box but not when you are running in a VM under Oracle, so ... how do I add Run to the Win 10 Start Menu? Edit: Found that right click on Start Menu brings up dialog that Run is in. 2274