Windows 10: how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

Discus and support how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; it would seem like this should be a fairly easy intuitive process BUT NO. Can anybody help me? I'm trying to add text to photos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DCGiggles, Oct 5, 2018.

1. DCGiggles Win User

how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

it would seem like this should be a fairly easy intuitive process BUT NO. Can anybody help me? I'm trying to add text to photos.

:)

DCGiggles, Oct 5, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 8, 2018
  3. editing text with paint in windows 10

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the question below.

• In what way you are trying to edit the photo?
    • Are you trying to remove the text which is in the photo?
    Paint doesn't have the option to edit the names which is already there in the photo, only you can remove/cut which also removes the part of the photo.

Only option you have in Paint is to enter the text on the Photo.

Hope this information helps. If any further issues post us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 8, 2018
  4. how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

The Microsoft team suggests we use the Windows 10 'PAINT' ap. This is what I found works. Very cumbersome. Very slow. Very poor solution!

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add Paint Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse and select photo to adjust
    • ‘View’ … zoom out to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text. New ‘text’ tab opens up at top of control menus.
    • Left-click on picture (but don’t drag) to set upper left corner or a text box which will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter. Nothing happens yet … be patient.
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text!
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • ‘File’ … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’

Johnmuir2014, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

1. how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10 - Similar Threads - add text photo

2. How do I add text into my images in the paint program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add text into my images in the paint program: Can I add text in my images that are in paint program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-text-into-my-images-in-the-paint/e3381f83-906f-4de6-aa78-659de60fa4ea
  3. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  4. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  5. How can I add simple text to a photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add simple text to a photo?: Since the latest photos update I'm no longer able to add simple typed text into a photo. I can draw it by mouse which sucks and perhaps even animate text, but I can't see any option to have simple, static, typed text to images. Please Help....
  6. How to add text and change color in Microsoft Paint in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add text and change color in Microsoft Paint in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Microsoft Paint is a simple yet powerful application in Windows which allows you to do all basic image editing. One of the reasons I love using it even over the Paint 3D application is because of its simplicity. In this [...] This post How to add text and...
  7. How do add text to a photo

How do add text to a photo: I can see how to edit a picture but not to add text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-add-text-to-a-photo/884ce6af-506b-4fd8-ab2c-8b4608dbb0be
  8. Cannot add a text in 3D paint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot add a text in 3D paint: I have a problem in adding a text in 3D paint app. When I used an older version of this app it was easy but currently I cannot do it. When I click on the text, a box with text disappears. I am unable to type in the box I've made....
  9. Cannot ADD a text in 3D PAINT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot ADD a text in 3D PAINT: I have a problem in adding a text in 3D paint app. When I used an older version of this app it was easy but currently I cannot do it. When I click on the text, a box with text disappears. I am unable to type in the box I've made....
  10. how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10: it would seem like this should be a fairly easy intuitive process BUT NO. Can anybody help me? I'm trying to add text to photos....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. entering text on photos in file explorer