Windows 10: How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application

Discus and support How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. In a standard asp.net web application I use this URL to open my web application: http://localhost/ApplicationName/Default.aspx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoseSN, Apr 25, 2019.

1. JoseSN Win User

How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application

Hello everyone.

In a standard asp.net web application I use this URL to open my web application:

http://localhost/ApplicationName/Default.aspx

In MVC, the same application opens with URL

http://localhost/home or http://localhost/home/index

How do I deploy my MVC application in IIS.

I created a folder called "Project", and a virtual directory "Project", and copied the MVC web application in this folder.

Can I open my MVC application typing: http://localhost/Project/home ?

:)

JoseSN, Apr 25, 2019
  2. sakkp Win User

Security update for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2 KB2993939

My computer is running with Windows 10 April update 2018 ( version 1803 build 17134.112 ). I have checked in update history it shows "Security update for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2 KB2993939" as attached screenshot

How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application 31b19380-12aa-483f-b2be-2fb98f4f5d66?upload=true.jpg

When I open the updated link it goes to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2993939/ms14-059-description-of-the-security-update-for-asp-net-mvc-2-0-octobe
    and web page shows
    MS14-059: Description of the security update for ASP.NET MVC 2.0: October 14, 2014

After this update new entry "Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2 version 2.0.60296.0 with size 850KB " was added in "programs and features"

Please clarify whether something is wrong in windows update.

sakkp, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    .NET Core 3 and Support for Windows Desktop Applications

Source: .NET Core 3 and Support for Windows Desktop Applications | .NET Blog

Brink, Apr 25, 2019
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application :)

WojtasRed, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add the Application name in the URL in an ASP.Net MVC web application - Similar Threads - add Application name

2. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  3. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  4. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  5. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  6. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Add an Application to the Exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add an Application to the Exception: I started doing some crypto mining and the mining software is flagged as a virus. I trust the software and want windows to stop flagging only this specific software as a virus, I want it to stop deleting it occasionally and I want it to allow me to to run it with...
  8. Change .aspx web to web application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change .aspx web to web application: Dear Team, Im new to .net environment,My doubt is if i make a .net mvc in visual studio it wil work in edge or chrome any other browsers,So how they r working as webapplication???? My doubt is My company is using web application,But it i can found in bin...
  9. .NET applications crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET applications crashing: I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing. Several error logs are being reported in the event...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 debugging and MVC application running Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2017 debugging and MVC application running Issues: Hi, I am having a problem with Visual studio-2017 where a am very much suffering from evaluation of any expressions at debugging mode. When i evaluate any expression or want to see any object's value it is showing error: "Function evaluation disabled because a previous...