Windows 10: How to add things to the startup list

Discus and support How to add things to the startup list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't believe this, but I can't seem to find a way to add a program to the startup list. 76931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alfred001, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

How to add things to the startup list

I can't believe this, but I can't seem to find a way to add a program to the startup list.

:)

Alfred001, Feb 8, 2017

2. How do I add things to the start list and not the panel

Hi Den,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide fed details.

• When you say start list, start panel what exactly you are referring to?

• How you are trying to add things to start list?
    As per your query, I like to inform is that;

Start list: Start list is the area where you can view your application in a list format.

Start panel: Start panel is the area, where the apps are placed in tiles format.

Please reply to us, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 8, 2017
  3. How do I add things to the start list and not the panel

Have just installed Windows 10 and when I try to add things to the start list they only appear in the panel start and not in the column start list where I want them.

denwilliam, Feb 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

for example.

(Windows key + R,
    shell:Startup
    )

Note: if you use e.g. Classic Shell (free) you will not only have a great customisable start menu, but Startup will be shown as in Win 7 etc.

Also this tutorial in this forum
    Startup Items - Add, Delete, Enable, Disable in Windows 10

- just search for
    add program to startup "windows 10"

dalchina, Feb 8, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    You're welcome. A new OS can be a puzzle at first.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add things to the startup list - Similar Threads - add things startup

2. How to manually add: SecurityHealthSystray.exe to startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manually add: SecurityHealthSystray.exe to startup?: I used Sordum Windows Defender disable but in the process, it deleted the registry entry for %windir%\system32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe.Looking at C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe, it's still there and I can manually enable it temporarily in the System Tray by...
  3. How to manually add: SecurityHealthSystray.exe to startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to manually add: SecurityHealthSystray.exe to startup?: I used Sordum Windows Defender disable but in the process, it deleted the registry entry for %windir%\system32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe.Looking at C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe, it's still there and I can manually enable it temporarily in the System Tray by...
  4. So I guess full screen adds on startup are a thing now....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I guess full screen adds on startup are a thing now....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n102ir/so_i_guess_full_screen_adds_on_startup_are_a/
  5. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  6. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  7. How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!

How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!: My question is: can you add programs manually to Notification Senders list in Windows 10? Under "Manage Notifications" theres a section called "Get notifications from these senders" with applications allowed/enabled for using the notification feature next to the clock in...
  8. Empty startup list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty startup list: there is nothing in task manager, MSconfig, and in Windows 10 settings but I found it in ccleaner how to fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] sorry for bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-startup-list/9a575b2f-6428-4b5c-8c3e-fddf46928bf9
  9. how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?: Mbar is missing an exclusion-list , I have to exclude the same items it finds , after every scan ! Is it possible to add an exclusions-list to the program ?? 113727
  10. How to add Hotkeyz to startup?

How to add Hotkeyz to startup?: The no longer updated Hotkeyz program still seems to work with Windows 10 - only problem is i can't set it to autostart with Windows like i could with Windows 7. "Autostart save" option in app doesn't work for Windows 7 or 10. 8482