Windows 10: How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer?

Discus and support How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592). I have a Cyberpower CP850PFCLCD UPS, that I haven't plugged into USB yet- I don't install the Cyberpower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scottls59901, Feb 8, 2020.

1. How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer?

Win10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592).
    I have a Cyberpower CP850PFCLCD UPS, that I haven't plugged into USB yet-

I don't install the Cyberpower control software, as this has played Havoc... with my old Win7 system AV in the past (kept trying to activate Hibernation, that my Samsung SSD had me disable).

I'm not sure about the "exact" proper way to do this?-
    Do I shutdown, remove Power, plug in USB, power up.

In my old Win7 Bios, I set battery backup, to always on-
    Do I do this for Win10 also?

BTW- Please move this to the proper section.

:)

scottls59901, Feb 8, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Desktop PC warning "Low Battery - Plug Computer In"

Hi Jaime,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you perform any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating the computer to the latest update?
    In the meantime, we recommend that you directly connect your desktop to the power source/outlet without using the UPS. This will help us identify the root cause of the issue.

If the issue persists after removing the UPS, we suggest running the hardware troubleshooter to further diagnose the issue. Kindly follow the steps below to perform it:

• Open Cortana, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter
    • Look for Find and fix other problems category.
    • Under it, choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter button and follow the on-screen steps to run it.
    Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 8, 2020
  4. How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer?

Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

FreeBooter, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer?

1. How to add UPS battery, to desktop computer? - Similar Threads - add UPS battery

2. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  3. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  4. add batteries to device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    add batteries to device manager: Continuing issue. A Lenovo desktop and APC BackUPS XS1000 do not communicate. There are no drivers and there is no batteries entry in Device manager. Attempting to install APC program stops as no battery found. This began when I first bought these two machines about 2016. I...
  5. how to add a custom watermark to the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to add a custom watermark to the desktop: i have a client that wants his company name as a watermark (think the "activate windows") i know how to do it for win7 but they have removed or moved the strings (715 and 716) so i don't know any help would be greatly appreciated...
  6. Add to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add to desktop: How do I add something to my desktop in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-to-desktop/f98efdca-178a-4aff-94c7-5a07db826e69
  7. how to add extra speakers to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to add extra speakers to computer: how can I get more than one set of speakers added to computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-extra-speakers-to-computer/2cabb6a9-d0e5-4eac-a241-24a1048b1790
  8. how to block pop-up adds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block pop-up adds: very annoying trying to read something with pop-ups blocking content https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-block-pop-up-adds/bcdf397c-f45c-448a-9193-927f19faaaa1
  9. Computer battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer battery: I think I somehow changed the battery charging amount and to not fully charge, thinking that it would make the battery last longer and not get unnecessary charging, but I have it rather low to 60% and would like to know how I can change it if I can? I dont believe it's a...
  10. Desktop battery problems!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop battery problems!!: Why does Win10 latest version keep telling me to change my battery settings to get a longer life? Its a desktop: the only battery is the cmos backup!!!!! Bob Frost 85234