Windows 10: How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs

Discus and support How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I know that windows mail is not a .exe file and is a .mui file, but is there anyway to add these apps to a list of programs. In my case I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LanceSolf, Apr 22, 2020.

1. LanceSolf Win User

How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs

Hi, I know that windows mail is not a .exe file and is a .mui file, but is there anyway to add these apps to a list of programs. In my case I need to let my computer know to use integrated graphics when running the mail app I have a problem with the mail app and my dedicated card. I'm sure there are many other reasons to need to do this though, for example adding the mail app to firewall exceptions. In my case I could of course install a different mail client but I like using the mail app.

I can launch the mail app by running

explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail

But unfortunately that doesn't help when I'm trying to add the app to a list of programs.

Any ideas or workarounds would be much apprecciated.

Thanks

:)

LanceSolf, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Programs(apps) that are dimmed in apps list.

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find the Mail App and remember the InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:

Solution 2: If re-register App cannot resolve your issue, Please reinstall the App.

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next step.

Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 22, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs - Similar Threads - add mail app

2. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  3. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  4. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  5. Windows Mail App - How to export autocomplete mail list

Windows Mail App - How to export autocomplete mail list: I have an independent imap email from a domain I am cancelling setup on the windows mail app not outlook; but would like to take all the "autocomplete" list of contacts that populate over to outlook and new g-suite domain email. How can I do this easily..?...
  6. how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts: I want to learn how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts. As an exercise and to describe the steps to take, I tried to add a program called Keepass. Here are the steps I took: 1. click start/search msconfig [ATTACH] 2. click...
  7. How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?: I used to get notifications from a certain program I have installed, a security program. It had a function called "battery mode" which was set to come on when the battery was below 30% (set by me). So in a way it was a reminder that I should plug it in soon. I tried looking...
  8. How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10: Hi, I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues with Windows 10. I've already seen this post - Solved Does mail run in the background? - Windows 10 Forums of your forum where...
  9. How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?

How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?: I'm trying to add my own program (AkelPad) to the list of Default programs. [img] I created and applied the reg-file, but the program still is not in the list. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AkelPad\Capabilities]...
  10. How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?

How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?: I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. [img] [img] 12802