Windows 10: How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

Discus and support How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision 7530, and my computer already has Ubuntu 16.04 properly installed and configured. It also has Windows installed, and I am able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Spartan2626, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

I have a Dell Precision 7530, and my computer already has Ubuntu 16.04 properly installed and configured. It also has Windows installed, and I am able to access the product key. When I try to access Windows Boot manager on /dev/nvme0n1p1, however, I get the BSOD everytime with the following error: INNACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

What are the steps that I should take to debug this issue? Is it possible that I just need to reconfigure the Windows boot option? This is a company computer and I received it in this state.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Spartan2626, Jun 29, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?

Once I had Windows 10 RTM dual booting with Linux 17.2. No issue whatsoever.

Here is a tutorial on dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu 15.04
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/d...th-screenshots

davidhk, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Hewjr100 Win User
    will dual boot windows 10 1511 and ubuntu 16.04 be affected.

Will dual boot windows 10 1511 and ubuntu 16.04 be affected by anniversary update.

Henry

Hewjr100, Jun 29, 2020
  4. How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

1. How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed? - Similar Threads - add Dual Boot

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...

How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...: I have Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 installed in a dual boot configuration on my PC, and when I boot it up, GNU Grub v2.02 pops up asking me which of the 2 operating system I want to go in with some other options such as memtest86, is there any way I can add to that list a...
  5. Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it: I want to dual boot Win10 and Ubuntu, more precisley I want to install Ubuntu on my laptop that already has a Win10. I checked my system it's UEFI so Grub should work fine for swirching between the operating systems (I'm guessing at least). My question is there something to...
  6. Ubuntu/Windows dual boot: Ubuntu can't detect that Windows 10 is already installed. Any...

Ubuntu/Windows dual boot: Ubuntu can't detect that Windows 10 is already installed. Any...: I wanted to install Ubuntu 20.04 next to Windows 10 (on 2 different NVMe SSDs) but the Ubuntu installer is not detecting that Windows 10 is already installed and does not show the option for a dual-boot installation (https://imgur.com/a/Bprq2Jw -- copied from...
  7. Dual boot with Ubuntu

Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  8. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175. I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it...
  9. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  10. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...