Windows 10: How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

Discus and support How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Upps, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Upps Win User

How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

Howdy all.

I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images.

I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with WinPE wim in it - and boot from the UEFI boot. (I have currently 2 folders I switch from sources win10 and sources winPe,

What I am looking for is a way to add a new entry to the UEFI BCD - so I can select from the boot menu to start installation or the winpe wim.

I tried use EasyBCD and duplicate the entry then edited it to direct to another folder - but with no luck (not even a boot menu came up, just started installation).

What I need is to add a way to load a different boot.wim

:)

2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 30, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    UEFI install Windows 10 was A LOT OF work!

Why would anyone bother with Rufus for Windows UEFI install media? Format the USB stick to FAT32 and drag and drop the files from the iso onto the USB stick. BAM instant UEFI boot drive.

newtekie1, Oct 30, 2018
  4. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

1. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick? - Similar Threads - add WINPE boot

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem to add WinPE in UEFI Flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem to add WinPE in UEFI Flash drive: I've made windows 10 bootable flash drive (Legacy) and added WinPE with EasyBCD to it. It's working fine. Now I've made UEFI bootable flash drive, working fine. Same way I've added WinPE with EasyBCD. But it's not working. after Loading files.... my WinPE is not booting. How...
  6. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  7. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...
  8. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add a boot entry for windows 7?: Thanks for posting back with results and marking the thread Solved. This will help other users with the same question. *Smile
  9. How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive: As you may well know, you can now access multiple partitions on a standard removeable flash drive with version 1703. So I decided to try and create a UEFI based usb flash drive with multiple winpe partitions. I successfully managed to create an EFI partition and a Winpe...
  10. Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu: Hi all, I'm going to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my desktop system as I want to give it a good clear-out. I've created the Windows 10 boot media on a USB stick, and this is what I see on the UEFI BIOS F8 boot menu: [img] Previously on this system when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple uefi entries bcdedit usb

2. add uefi boot entry to windows

3. add usb boot entry to uefi

4. uefi add boot enrty winpe