Windows 10: How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC

Discus and support How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to add your own music to iTunes on Windows or want to use iTunes as a music organizer and player, here is how you can do that. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 16, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC

How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC add-music-itunes-windows-3.jpg
    If you want to add your own music to iTunes on Windows or want to use iTunes as a music organizer and player, here is how you can do that. You can import music, create a playlist, import/export playlist, etc., with the help of this guide. If you have an iOS device and want to […]

This article How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 16, 2022
  2. ramram55 Win User

how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes.

ramram55, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Windows 10 and iTunes

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the complete message that you get when you locate the music files?

Try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Back up and restore your iTunes Library.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in

Back up and restore your iTunes Library
    restart the computer once after making the changes, and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Properly Set up iTunes' Directory Structure.

Step 1: Ensure the iTunes library is properly located by going to the
    Advanced section of the iTunes preferences and selecting the
    Importing tab.

Step 2: Select
    Change and locate your iTunes Music folder in the resulting window.

Step 3: If the iTunes Music folder should be in the default location in the user's Music directory, clicking the
    Reset button should correct any path errors for the library.

Method 3:
    Rebuild The iTunes Library.

Step 1: Select all of the songs in iTunes and press the delete key.

Step 2: Choose the option to keep all the song files themselves and when the iTunes window is empty, open iTunes Music directory and select all items
    in that directory.

Step 3: Drag them to the iTunes window and confirm the import.

Step 4:
    Restart the computer once after the import and check for the issue.

Method 4:
    Move All The Music On Your Operating System Drive.

If the above methods didn't work, then try moving all the music files onto your Operating System Drive and then add them to iTunes.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC
    and

If you don't see your entire library after you update iTunes on your Mac or PC
    and see if this helps.

If you are still facing the issue, then I would suggest you to contact

Apple Support
    , where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 16, 2022
  4. JohnC Win User

iTunes/Music backup

Copy the iTunes folder (it's inside of the Music folder) to your thumbdrive. After you have clean installed, copy iTunes folder of your thumbdrive into the music folder of your clean install. Download iTunes from apple and install it and you will be all set. The iTunes folder contains all the music, books, apps, etc. found when you open iTunes.

JohnC, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

1. How to add your own music to iTunes on Windows PC - Similar Threads - add own music

2. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  3. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  4. how to add music to iphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to add music to iphone: I recently found a music converter from Youtube, to my PC, now I need to learn how to send these files to my IOS phone, Windows PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-music-to-iphone/b0c3d8ea-cb12-4cc6-81e9-5e7cbf999815
  5. how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music

in Cortana
    how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music: how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-permission-to-cortana-to-itunes-music/288c2406-cd69-4db6-b2b7-9879d581e6d2
  6. How do I add my own music to Video Editor?

How do I add my own music to Video Editor?: I have Windows 10 pro and I've been trying to create a video on Video Editor and for some reason when I click on "custom audio", the audio only allows me to play music on just one photo or just one video, I would like the music to automatically play as background music...
  7. Groove Music and iTunes

Groove Music and iTunes: I downloaded an audio file and chose the format to be iTunes with success. The second audio file I downloaded went directly to Groove music and I am not able to access it from iTunes. How do I sync Groove music with my iTunes? I no longer have access to the downloadable...
  8. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Groove Music and iTunes playlists: I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me....
  9. iTunes/Music backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    iTunes/Music backup: Before I do a clean install of Windows 10, I would like to know how to back up any music which isn't covered by my iTunes Match subscription. I know that I shall be able to bring in most of my music and I have backed up the ring tones which I have created to a thumb drive. I...
  10. how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes: How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes. 25468