Windows 10: How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times

Discus and support How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can use the F10 keys to turn on/off my keyboard backlight, but I do not know how to adjust the fade time. I have been able to do this with older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DannyZayas, Sep 30, 2019.

1. How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times

I can use the F10 keys to turn on/off my keyboard backlight, but I do not know how to adjust the fade time. I have been able to do this with older computers via the "mobility center", but that is not compatible with this newer computer. I have a Dell G3 15.

:)

DannyZayas, Sep 30, 2019

2. Keyboard backlight

On my Lenovo Yoga, the keyboard backlight comes on briefly on start up but then fades out. Looked on settings but could not find anything? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated?

Project47--, Sep 30, 2019
  3. AK474 Win User
    Keyboard Backlight Timeout

I have a Dell Latitude E7470 laptop, and cannot figure out how to adjust the keyboard's backlight settings.

The backlight turns off after a few seconds, and there is not an obvious fix for this.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

AK474, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times

Can't find the setting to turn off keyboard backlight

Sarah,

• lacrumb is correct, keyboard backlighting is controlled by utilities put on your computer by the computer maker.
    • Keyboard backlighting only appears in Windows mobility centre if the computer maker has put it there.

I suggest

• Checking through your Start menu looking for a computer maker's utility,
    • Reading the computer manual,
    • Searching the computer maker's website
    • Searching any user forums for your computer model
    • Installing all hardware updates & BIOS updates provided on the computer maker's website

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times

1. How to adjust my Keyboard Backlight Fade Times - Similar Threads - adjust Keyboard Backlight

2. How does one make a keyboard backlight adjustable when it is not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does one make a keyboard backlight adjustable when it is not: I recently got a new HP windows laptop that has a keyboard backlight function; however, it’s too bright with no other brightness levels. I’ve tried going to the mobility control panel to adjust the brightness but the option wasn’t there. So, I was wondering if anyone knew how...
  3. How does one make a keyboard backlight adjustable when it is not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does one make a keyboard backlight adjustable when it is not: I recently got a new HP windows laptop that has a keyboard backlight function; however, it’s too bright with no other brightness levels. I’ve tried going to the mobility control panel to adjust the brightness but the option wasn’t there. So, I was wondering if anyone knew how...
  4. Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting: In Windows 11 on a Dell laptop how do I adjust the timeout on keyboard backlighting? I do not see keyboard backlighting as an option at the Windows Mobility Center....
  5. Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting: In Windows 11 on a Dell laptop how do I adjust the timeout on keyboard backlighting? I do not see keyboard backlighting as an option at the Windows Mobility Center....
  6. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlight: Is there any way I could turn on my keyboard backlight without using the F5 button? I use an HP All the other function buttons are working but I can't seem to get the F5 button to work.Thanks!...
  7. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: The keyboard backlight can no longer be adjusted after a Microsoft Update. It's just on all the time now draining my battery and making watching anything in the dark terrible. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  8. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  9. How to turn on keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn on keyboard backlight: How do I turn on the backlight for my keyboard? I think I accidentally turned it off and I cannot find instructions for turning it back on? I have an HP elite laptop 2018....
  10. Keyboard Backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699