Windows 10: How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

Discus and support How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I actually had this question the other day and could not find the answer in the Microsoft Community questions and answers section. I figured it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlashDniwer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

I actually had this question the other day and could not find the answer in the Microsoft Community questions and answers section.

I figured it out though on my own after a bit of digging, so I am going to ask this question and then answer it for all those others who may run into this problem.

Question : I did an upgrade install of Windows 7 Ultimate version to Windows 10 Pro keeping no old settings or programs; basically a new clean install.

After the set-up and installation completed my Windows desktop was larger than the actual screen size so that the taskbar and desktop icons were slightly off screen.

I have a 27" HiSense HDMI TV I am using as a monitor. At the time I could not find the remote to access the TV menu to adjust the picture settings for the TV so I had to find another way.

:)

FlashDniwer, Jul 18, 2020

2. PC display to fit the TV screen via HDMI connection in Win 10?

How can I adjust the display to fit the TV screen via HDMI connection in Win 10?

in old Win version we used to do it using the graphics card setting but in Win 10 there is no options and the "Advances Display Settings" has been removed.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Desktop and Start / PC

BenjaminGermanski, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Desktop fit in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the Desktop image and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Desktop and select the
      Personalize
    • Select the Background from the left pane.
    • Under Choose a fit click on the drop down. There you will get a list of options to resize the Desktop image.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 18, 2020
  4. RS Z28 Win User

How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

How do I adjust page/screen size

The first thing is what is your display resolution set to ????

Next, is this a laptop or a desktop ????

If it is a desktop and you have the correct resolution and refresh rates set, then you need to go to the monitor itself, and set the screen adjustments.

You can shift the screen UP/DN or Left/right

You can also squeeze or expand the display to fit the screen which appears to be your issue in one way or the other

Try resetting the monitor first and then if not fixed, then adjust the monitor.

I seen 10 guys offering help the other day for the same issue with books of info. And this was the issue that I suggested to check.

There could also be other reasons, but you should check these basic ones first. Check you display scaling and set to 100%

And what is the OEM and model number of the PC.

how is display connected if a PC

HDMI, VGA, DVI. USB ????

RS Z28, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

1. How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor... - Similar Threads - Adjust Resize Desktop

2. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  3. Monitor doesn’t fit display

Monitor doesn’t fit display: After a small update window 10 My monitor doesn’t fit the displayThere black border on the sides andI already changed 1920x1080 resolutionCan someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-doesnt-fit-display/351210ee-5931-4f04-b75b-cf03c8062493
  4. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.: Dear Fellow Frustrated Windows 10 Users:I figured out a way to get Windows 10 to fit my HDTV monitor. The solution is not in the Windows 10 Display. They irresponsibly left the resizing and repositioning controls out of the display settings. You will have to adjust the Aspect...
  5. Screen not fitting to display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen not fitting to display: My screen does not fit to my display! I have checked all settings and done everything to fix it but nothing works! Im now completely irritated with this and I can't let it go! Has anyone had this? Where nothings worked? Acer predator xb27b monitor. Someone help!!! Lol...
  6. desktop icon grid spacing and size (how to adjust fit?)

desktop icon grid spacing and size (how to adjust fit?): so...on Win 7 I could use my whole screen. I could have a window open almost full screen, but still see my bottom row of icons. on Win 10 I have about 60pixels of wasted screen real estate where it won't let me put icons I'd like to get rid of the stupid gaps between icons,...
  7. Fit desktop to second monitor

Fit desktop to second monitor: Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fit-desktop-to-second-monitor/5533d824-c003-4b31-9e9f-a7e17b9229dc
  8. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...
  9. HOW CAN I ADJUST PICTURE ON LOCK SCREEN TO FIT DISPLAY BETTER IS A WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW CAN I ADJUST PICTURE ON LOCK SCREEN TO FIT DISPLAY BETTER IS A WINDOWS 10: HOW CAN YOU ADJUST LOCK SCREEN PICTURE TO FIT SCREEN BETTER IS A WINDOW 10 LAP TOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-adjust-picture-on-lock-screen-to-fit/aebc4346-37e0-4724-a459-2aed9dcfa929
  10. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...