Windows 10: How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2?

Discus and support How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Control Panel > System now opens PC Settings. How do I adjust the Swap File now that Microsoft has deleted the old method? Thanks, Edit: Ah, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nicholas Steel, Nov 21, 2020.

1. How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2?

Control Panel > System now opens PC Settings. How do I adjust the Swap File now that Microsoft has deleted the old method?

Thanks,

Edit: Ah, there is an "Advanced System Settings" link on the right side of PC Settings that will open the old method of adjusting it. Silly Microsoft, why half ass things??? Why not fully integrate the UI in to PC Settings?

:)

Nicholas Steel, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2020
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. DaveM121 Win User

How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2?

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2?

1. How to adjust Swap File in Windows 10 Build 20H2? - Similar Threads - adjust Swap File

2. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2: Hi All. I have some computers with build number 1803, I need to upgrade to build number 20H2. In the company we use SCCM CB with SUP to update the windows 10. Is possible the buil number update to 20H2 from 1803? or I need first update some previous build number before update...
  3. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2: Hi All. I have some computers with build number 1803, I need to upgrade to build number 20H2. In the company we use SCCM CB with SUP to update the windows 10. Is possible the buil number update to 20H2 from 1803? or I need first update some previous build number before update...
  4. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB4023057 for Build 20H2

KB4023057 for Build 20H2: Hello. I uninstalled KB4023057 from my PC thinking it was causing a problem. I have since resolved the problem and would like to reinstall the update but I can't find KB4023057 for Build 20H2 in the Windows Update Catalog, or anywhere else for that matter. Does anyone know if...
  6. Windows 10 Build 20H2 and Synaptics Audio

Windows 10 Build 20H2 and Synaptics Audio: The Website re issues for 20H2 shows last updated at 5th January 2021. I am on Win 1064 Build 2004 and had experienced Audio loss 3 times twice fixed by online tips. Coincidentally in that week my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 was manually fixed by their NZ Service Dept -re...
  7. Win 10, 20H2 (Build 19042.746)

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, 20H2 (Build 19042.746): Is it possible to permanently turn off the lock screen in WIN 10? 173098
  8. 1903 build va 20H2 build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1903 build va 20H2 build: We have used build 1903 and have been able to lock it down. Restrict access to Start menu and search bar. With an image using 20H2. The same gpo does not restrict access. Can anyone advise what registry setting or gpo entry can lock down the start menu and search bar?...
  9. Windows 10 "20H2" OS Build 19042.631,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 "20H2" OS Build 19042.631,: I currently using Windows 10 Pro, but I plan to re install Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage with a OEM product key that was previously pre installed on my laptop. I have downloaded the ISO of Windows 10 "20H2" OS Build 19042.631, does this ISO contain W10 CoreSingleLanguage?...
  10. Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042: Microsoft’s typical update release calendar includes two major updates every year, one in the spring and another one in the fall. Multiple manifest files and Registry entries within Windows 10 May 2020 Update suggests Microsoft is working on another minor incremental update,...