Windows 10: How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection

Discus and support How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I can adjust the sound level on my laptop to the embedded speaker and the speakers in the external screen. But when I adjust the sound level up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlemmingNielsen5, Nov 26, 2019.

1. How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection

Hi

I can adjust the sound level on my laptop to the embedded speaker and the speakers in the external screen.

But when I adjust the sound level up and down to the USB (C-media USB headphone set) nothing happens.

However, I can adjust the sound level on the Spotify volume, but not on the laptop. So I can control sound level from my Spotify app, but not the notification/alarm sounds from my laptop. These sounds are on fixed full volume.

I went to the sound control panel, but I could not find a way to enable the sound level adjustment.

Do I need a special USB A-B cable for audio sound?

I will highly appreciate you advice.

Best regards

Flemming Nielsen

:)

FlemmingNielsen5, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Unable to adjust sound levels on speaker. When clicking on speaker it does not open, only shows sound level.

Windows 10 does not allow me to adjust sound levels on speaker icon. Upon clicking on speaker it does not open, only shows sound level.

PaulaRodgers, Nov 26, 2019
  4. How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection

sound with USB Connections

Hi,

Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos are Microsoft’s platform-level solution for spatial sound support on Windows. These features will work even when they are connected using USB connection.

If ever that you’re having problem with your audio settings, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article on how to

Fix sound problems

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Efraim Gar, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection

1. How to adjust the sound level on the USB connection - Similar Threads - adjust sound level

2. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  3. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  4. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot adjust mic sound level in levels tab under properties: I cannot adjust the volume of my mic. I have the hyperx Cloud 2 headsets for my PC and got them new a few days ago. So i go to control panel, recording tab, right click on my headset and go to properties. On the levels tab i cannot adjust this and its stuck at 0.0dB. Id...
  6. Microphone level adjusts by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone level adjusts by itself: Do I have a blue yeti blackout microphone and for some reason the microphone level in the windows settings changes every now and then. It changes from 100 to 47 or 88 or 94. I've searched it up online but nothing is working for me. Any help? submitted by /u/Hiker2485Sh...
  7. Windows10 microphone level adjustment

Windows10 microphone level adjustment: When connecting a USB device with a microphone, Windows10 let's me adjust the level of this microphone via a slider with values from 0 to 100. What do these values correspond to in actual gain/amplification? Where on the slider is the 0 dB gain point, where Windows will not...
  8. Cannot adjust microphone level

Cannot adjust microphone level: What's the deal? It was just fine a couple days ago. No I haven't changed anything. I haven't even let Windows Update run without my permission. It has been updated, but that was weeks ago. This happened before back when Win10 was released. I didn't do anything to change it...
  9. Security level adjustment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security level adjustment: Ho do you alter the security level on Win 10 if you need too.? 16298
  10. USB Sound Recording Level

USB Sound Recording Level: Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored? I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack). The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low....