Windows 10: How to allow a blocked application

Discus and support How to allow a blocked application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paulhend, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Paulhend Win User

How to allow a blocked application

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in Windows Seurity" but that has not solved my problem. I need more specific information on how to allow blocked apps that I trust. Thanks.

:)

Paulhend, Mar 17, 2020

2. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 17, 2020
  3. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to allow a blocked application - Similar Threads - allow blocked application

2. How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many topics in the "my interests" are allowed to be blocked?: I keep trying to block all of the "discover interests" and all of the sources in the "news and interests" feed because I literally only want the weather in there, and I've gotten to the point where whenever I block something new, one of the previously blocked "interests" ends...
  3. allow blocked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    allow blocked files: i can't found action menu in protection history to allow this blocked file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-blocked-files/2bc70070-ba09-4829-a856-d55ac2044c51
  4. allow blocked files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    allow blocked files: i can't found action menu in protection history to allow this blocked file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-blocked-files/2bc70070-ba09-4829-a856-d55ac2044c51
  5. Free/cheap easy-to-use allow-by-default firewall to block applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free/cheap easy-to-use allow-by-default firewall to block applications: Hello everyone A little background: I have a program on my computer that legitimately access the internet very, very regularly (a text editor that consults an online database and adds to it), but whenever it does so, it slows down the program. I would like to be able to...
  6. How to solve Application Blocked?

How to solve Application Blocked?: When I am using download tools via network of eduroam, it always show up this. I could use them several weeks ago and can use them via network of hotspot of my mobile phone. How to solve that? Application Blocked Access to the application you were trying to use has been...
  7. Allow blocked file

Allow blocked file: I have attempted to use the exclusions to allow a blocked file, but windows security still will not allow me to use this file. I have attempted turning off anti-viruses, to no avail. Help....
  8. How to block the website marked as “always allow”?

How to block the website marked as “always allow”?: I’d like to block the website which I marked by mistake to ‘always allow’ when I saw this option. It is Edge browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-the-website-marked-as-always-allow/04594a3e-1007-4e00-86f5-97c2e24ce149
  9. application blocked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    application blocked: Why did I just get a bunch of notifications saying ApplicationMicrosoftEdgeC has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked/42e7f864-40d8-4295-bdad-b3380184b880
  10. applications blocked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    applications blocked: applications blocked from graphic hardware. Can Microsoft help me to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/applications-blocked/28b4b5cd-93e8-4543-939e-a44cf3c6352b