Windows 10: How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

Discus and support How to allow a photo password on a Standard account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On one of my laptops, the "Kids" Standard account user can choose to enter a photo password. On a different laptop, the "photo" option is not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OldGrantonian, Oct 22, 2019.

1. How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

On one of my laptops, the "Kids" Standard account user can choose to enter a photo password.

On a different laptop, the "photo" option is not available, and in fact is not mentioned or shown.

I have Windows 10 Pro on both laptops. My account has Admin privileges.

How do I allow a Standard account to use a photo password?

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Oct 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 keeps forgetting settings on other standard account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account to login to the standard account.

I suggest you to run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes).

For more information about DISM click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information for better assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2019
  3. How to change Local Standard account password

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that you may not be able to recover the password/reset the password for the Standard User Accounts. However, I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps

1. If you have another Local Admin Account in your PC or a Microsoft Account, you can use the account and try to reset the password.

2. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Here copy/type the command below and hit Enter the command

net user username *

Note: username here is the username of the account that needs a password reset

4. You will receive a prompt to enter the new password for the account. Hit enter after entering the first password option.

5. Once the command runs successfully, reboot your system and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

1. How to allow a photo password on a Standard account? - Similar Threads - allow photo password

2. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  3. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  4. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  5. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  6. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  7. How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?: On one of my laptops, the "Kids" Standard account user can choose to enter a photo password. On a different laptop, the "photo" option is not available, and in fact is not mentioned or shown. I have Windows 10 Pro on both laptops. My account has Admin privileges. How do I...
  8. Change a standard account password

Change a standard account password: My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?...
  9. Allowing Local Standard Account Log On As Batch Job Rights

Allowing Local Standard Account Log On As Batch Job Rights: Hi, At the risk of sounding naive, I hope someone can help with the following situation. I created a task in Task Scheduler for the standard user account to have Windows Defender check for and update signatures every 3 hours rather than the once per day default setting....
  10. Moving documents and photos to admin account and closing standard account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving documents and photos to admin account and closing standard account: Hi I've finally sorted out my admin account and now I need to move all my stuff across to it from the standard account, and close the standard account as I am the only one who uses the laptop. I found instructions on here, but I'm not sure they were for Microsoft 10 as not...