Windows 10: How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth

Discus and support How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I would like to know if it is possible for an application turn on bluetooth on my Windows 10 Home 64 bit desktop PC. PC is a HP Slimline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by olympic2, May 24, 2019.

1. olympic2 Win User

How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth

Greetings,
    I would like to know if it is possible for an application turn on bluetooth on my Windows 10 Home 64 bit desktop PC.

PC is a HP Slimline 290-a0002a desktop, MB is NewarkP, Processor Celeron J5005 (Gemini Lake) with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600, 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM, 1TB SATA HDD.

My request stems from a requirement to run an android application on my pc. The app is named LeFun Health and is used with a wristband tracker. I am running Bluestacks 4 and it works well with other android app but the LeFun app hangs at the "Turning on bluetooth" stage. It may be in the app itself, but I have tried starting the app with BT turned on and off in win10 and neither situation allows me past that stage.

Any advice, suggestions greatly appreciated.

:)

olympic2, May 24, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Bluetooth Headset turns off every 10 minutes

We appreciate your prompt reply. Power management may affect your bluetooth devices after being idle, we suggest that you disable the option to allow the computer to turn off the device to save power. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start, and select Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, click the arrow next to Bluetooth, and select the Bluetooth radio.
    • Right-click the Bluetooth radio and select Properties.
    • Select the Power Management tab, and see if there is a check next to
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, May 24, 2019
  4. HojabrA Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How to allow an app to turn on bluetooth - Similar Threads - allow app turn

2. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  3. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  4. How to always allow certain apps when screentime is turned on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to always allow certain apps when screentime is turned on: Apple Screentime has an 'allow certain apps' feature where you can select certain apps that can still be used when the screen time restrictions are turned on. So for eg I can allow my kids to still use their Spotify and FaceTime apps when their screentime restriction is tuned...
  5. How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?: I'm trying to connect to a device With bluetooth on And it keeps showing this: [ATTACH] Its telling me bluetooth is turned off and not giving me an option to turn it on. I tried the notification centre.[ATTACH] I tried to do it from device manager in control panel, but the...
  6. How to disable Bluetooth adapter's "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Bluetooth adapter's "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save...: My bluetooth keyboard doesn't work properly on my PC by default settings, the connection is very unstable. In Windows 10 1909, I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager - Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) Properties - "Power Management"...
  7. Allow apps and how to remove it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps and how to remove it: Hello! When i for exempel buy a game and when i starting to play it's coming a note that says that i have to allow that app. I think this is kinda annoying so i want to set this setting to deafult. can anyone help me?...
  8. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...
  9. How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?: I have a couple of apps that I've set to "Run as Admin" in their Properties. I thought that doing so would kill the prompt that appears everytime I launch them, but unfortunately no. I have 2 different scenarios occurring and I would like to eliminate having to confirm that...
  10. apps are not allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    apps are not allowed: Since 1803 whenever I try to instal anything, I get a notice it cannot be done and following is a statement about 'allowing an app'. It seems the firewall is too tight or something like that. I know nothing about this but I cannot enter an app if I don't see it when the popup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on bluetooth app