Windows 10: HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates"

Discus and support HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Setting up a newly refreshed PC on 2004 19041.508 In "Windows Updates" -> Advanced options" -> Delivery optimimzation -> Advanced Options I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jsheaott, Oct 8, 2020.

1. jsheaott Win User

HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates"

Setting up a newly refreshed PC on 2004 19041.508

In "Windows Updates" -> Advanced options" -> Delivery optimimzation -> Advanced Options

I was unable to decrease the upload sliders until I set the bandwidth for downloading to "percentage" instead of "absolute"

THESE should be unrelated and further "upload" show allow ZERO !!!!!!!!

:)

jsheaott, Oct 8, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 8, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates" - Similar Threads - ALLOW change upload

2. Community won't allow picture to be uploaded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Community won't allow picture to be uploaded: When creating a Q .... I try to add a screenshot, use the 'insert image button'It gives me the option to browse to file - but when I press upload it fails .... with a 'failed to upload' message.Tried several different files - all fail.Also the drag & drop file also fails....
  3. Community won't allow picture to be uploaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community won't allow picture to be uploaded: When creating a Q .... I try to add a screenshot, use the 'insert image button'It gives me the option to browse to file - but when I press upload it fails .... with a 'failed to upload' message.Tried several different files - all fail.Also the drag & drop file also fails....
  4. Community won't allow picture to be uploaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  6. Allow apps to change settings greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to change settings greyed out: I am using windows 10 and my change settings button is grayed out along with the remove button. any help on how to enable it would be much appreciated....
  7. Windows update will not allow me to upload or attach documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update will not allow me to upload or attach documents: My Hp Spectre x360 laptop recently updated and I am no longer able to attach or upload documents. I've tried using multiple browsers and run into the same deadend. The "attach" box opens and when I click on a document to attach the computer freezes and I receive a "not...
  8. No further uploads allowed and Red Crosses.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No further uploads allowed and Red Crosses.: When editing a document I got a sign on a yellow strip saying I couldn't download anything more as the Server had no room or something like that. I copied what I'd already done and put that in a separate doc on the desktop. It showed as a folder but then when I went to open...
  9. how to change an allowed item

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an allowed item: I accidently allowed a threat. how to fix it so it is not allowed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-allowed-item/64448e3f-de76-4309-bf8d-a5664f517735
  10. Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time?: I use my laptop on the road a lot tethered to my phone for data. I only have so much data plan on mobile so I would like to make it just alert me up updates and allow me to chose when to install them like I could in Windows 8 on this machine. I don't see an option for that...