Windows 10: how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

Discus and support how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rezpower, Apr 21, 2019.

1. rezpower Win User

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

Hello guys,

I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on!

I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments.
    In the apartment I live I use my pc and my nvidia shield on a network and have my shared folders and drives from the PC.
    I want to allow my guests and friends to have access to internet by connecting to the wifi. But I want to be sure that they
    are not able to access my network (file and folders on my pc).

Is there a way to restrict network access by mac address or any other trick? If this is not possible I don't mind buying a
    separate router (modem) for the other apartment. But that modem will also get internet from MY apartment.

:)

rezpower, Apr 21, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 21, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

Thema:

1. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network - Similar Threads - allow connection wifi

2. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  3. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect: Hello, So recently I got a PC Windows 10 Pro, however I’m having an issue, I use a dongle to connect to my wifi however upon setting my PC up I plugged the dongle in and all it would say is either “cannot connect to this network or Please Enter Network Security Password, I...
  4. WiFi Dongle Isn’t Allowing Internet To Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  6. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  7. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

8. Wifi connects but no network internet

Wifi connects but no network internet: Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network. So, I can connect to that network, and the internet does in fact work....
  9. Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?: Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537
  10. Connected to Network, not my home internet.

Connected to Network, not my home internet.: So I got a new computer, and i connected it to the ethernet. It's latetly been showing that i am connected to "Network" but not my home network, 64G. Here is a picture of it. http://prntscr.com/l86bpe help?...