Windows 10: How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog

Discus and support How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to block Windows from downloading fonts and fonts catalog data from third-party providers, here is what you need to do. Using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog

How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog allow-block-windows-downloading-fonts-catalog.jpg
    If you want to block Windows from downloading fonts and fonts catalog data from third-party providers, here is what you need to do. Using the Local Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor, you can prevent Windows 11/10 from automatically downloading font catalog data from any third-party providers. When you download and install a font on […]

This article How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 11, 2021

2. Download Windows 10 Font Pack

Thanks for the info but it's not the solution to what I need. It does not include the complete list of fonts originally included in windows 10. In addition to the fact that as it is mentioned in it at the time you restore the system, you will for certain
    lose other information that is unnecessary to delete and could be hard to restore. In previous editions there is a downloadable package with all the fonts which allows you to fix fonts problems without messing around with other configurations. If you follow
    the steps suggested you need to restore corel, acrobat, illustrator, among other programs since each one of them have some unique fonts.

Marco A.Garrido - Live, Sep 11, 2021
  3. IE 11 blocking font download on some Specific PC's

Hi,

I am using ICOMOON to include fonts in WebAPP.

IE11 is blocking font download. The error displayed in the console is CSS3111.

This is happening on some of the PC's and not all the PC's.

Tried the following options...

1. Checked the Font Download option in the Internet Explorer settings. Font download is enabled Custom Level Settings.

2. Changed the Group Policy to Enable and set the value as "Do not block untrusted fonts". Earlier it was set to Not Configured.

3. Tried to turn on and use the Blocking Untrusted Fonts feature through the registry.

4. Converted the fonts to Base64 encoding but fonts were not rendered. (Refer the 2nd URL)

The following URL was referred to solve the Issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/threat-protection/block-untrusted-fonts-in-enterprise

data Protocol

These fonts can't be installed as these are custom Icon fonts.

Can anyone suggest any other option to fix this issue.

IE11 Version List where this Issue is observed.

Thanks.

NirmalParwate, Sep 11, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

accessing downloaded font

Hello Lori,

To get your downloaded fonts on the list of fonts for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Fonts folder by typing fonts on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • While the Fonts folder is open, access the folder where your downloaded font is stored.
    • Now that both folders are open, drag and drop your downloaded font from the downloads folder to the Fonts folder.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to allow or block Windows from downloading Fonts Catalog - Similar Threads - allow block downloading

2. Blocked from downloading Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked from downloading Windows 11: Hi I am Trying to Download Windows 11 iso but its blocking Me. Its saying that We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies...
  3. Blocked from downloading Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from downloading Windows 11: Hi I am Trying to Download Windows 11 iso but its blocking Me. Its saying that We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies...
  4. How to allow or block BITS client from using Windows BranchCache

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block BITS client from using Windows BranchCache: [ATTACH]BITS or Background Intelligent Transfer Service uses Windows BranchCache in Wide Area Network (WAN). It uses the BranchCache when a remote computer requests data from the host computer in an office or big organization. If you want to allow or block the BITS client...
  5. Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog: I have had multiple machines that are having issues downloading updates. I clear the stuck ones and try to go download them from the catalog and I cannot get them to download. When using Chrome the window that pops up wont download them even if I right click and open in new...
  6. Downloading fonts from Google Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading fonts from Google Fonts: I am trying to download fonts from Google Fonts but keep getting the [ATTACH] What can I do to open a ttf file? What is the default ext or program used for this? Should I download a new one?...
  7. How to allow a blocked application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow a blocked application: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in...
  8. How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?: As I encounter problems with my Lan driver Realtek and Windows 10 Pro 64, somone on the forum said me to download the last version from Microsoft update catalog which seems the good one. So I downloaded the driver but it is a .cab file. When I unpacked the files I obtain...
  9. Allow or Block Automatic File Downloads for Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Automatic File Downloads for Apps in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Automatic File Downloads for Apps in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Automatic File Downloads for Apps in Windows 10 When you use an online storage provider such as OneDrive to store online-only files, some Windows apps might download these files...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...