Windows 10: How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

Discus and support How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 2harts4ever, Sep 23, 2015.

1. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

Hi,

Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Sep 23, 2015

2. pop up blocker windows 10

I am trying to find information on our health insurance website. I get the error that Edge has blocked a pop-up. I have clicked on 'Allow Always' for this website. It still doesn't work. How do I change this to keep pop-up blocker on but allow certain
    sites?

fedup100171, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 23, 2015
  4. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

If I get one come up I just right click and it will ask you if you want it just once or always allow from that site.

hTconeM9user, Sep 23, 2015
  5. hTconeM9user ,

The reason I ask is because since I bought a Dell Inspirion Laptop with Win 10 preinstalled with Edge about a week ago and since then I don't receive pop-ups from McAfee telling me I have an update available. I still get these pop-ups on my other computer running Win 8.1 with IE11.

Thanks and regards,

6. McAfee has no new updates at mo if you look at the badge that sits in taskbar u will see I circle just click that and let it run and it will come up no updates available also in action notifircations it will show up if there is any

7. hTconeM9user ,

I am aware of that, I was just curious why I haven't received those ''Orange' McAfee update pop-up notifications since using Edge.

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks and regards,

8. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

I have just checked we have the latest update and I think because windows 10 and Edge is new security is tighter and it leave McAfee less work to do. also don't forget the scanner is on all the time doing its job.
    Will keep this thread on my notices so if there is any change will let you know,

9. Hi hTconeM9user ,

I appreciate your update and further information.

Thanks and regards,

10. Are you talking about pop-ups in the browser, or on your computer? Because if the AV is installed, the only pop-ups you should worry about are the ones on the computer that do not involve Edge at all. To change those settings, it would be inside the AV itself, not edge. Well, only if the AV allows changing those settings.

If you get pop-ups in the browser, I recommend NOT clicking them, as they are useless to your AV and may be a trick to get you to click it (potential virus). You can control the pop-up setting in Internet Options. There are a few pop-ups that are perfectly fine, such as from your bank, youtube, etc, but your browser is usually good at knowing which to allow and which to block.

If you don't get notified about AV updates, it may be it has updated automatically, and didn't need to notify you.

DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Hi DustSailor,

To be honest I really don't know if I am talking about the Browser or Windows. Between Win 10 and Edge I am almost completely in the dark.

When I use my HP Desktop running Win 8.1 with IE11 every time a McAfee update would be available I would have a pop-up from McAfee saying one was available for download and install.

Since getting this Win 10 with Edge I haven't gotten one pop-up notification from McAfee even though I am using the identical notification settings for McAfee updates for both computers.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Sep 24, 2015
  12. To know if the pop-up is in the browser, it should have some kind of web address at the top. But no matter.

I don't really know what could have changed the settings, but I do know it wasn't edge. Any time you get a new Operating System like Windows 10, settings will be inevitably changed. And there are many updates any Antivirus throws out that may have changed some feature as well.

Are you worried about it and want it back? I usually just let my AV update itself, but if you want those 'banners', I can see if I can't find a way to get them back for you.

1. If you didn't remove McAfee before upgrading to Windows 10 (not recommended to have an AV during upgrades), you might uninstall it now and reinstall it, which may fix the problem.

2. You can also try resetting Internet Options: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Windows Help
    (You still have Internet Explorer... just have to type it into your search to find it).

3. You can go into your start properties and enable notifications for McAfee if disabled.

DustSailor, Sep 24, 2015
  13. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

Go into General settings and alerts and make sure updates are ticked in McAfee that way popups will come up when it updates

hTconeM9user, Sep 24, 2015
  14. Hi Dusty,

I appreciate your further information on this subject. However, I guess I will just plow straight ahead. I don't want to have to keep jumping back and forth between Edge and IE since Edge is supposed to be the Browser of the future for Microsoft.

I just liked knowing that McAfee was doing what I was paying them to do by letting me see they did have updates. But, as long as I am being updated ... and it looks like I am ... I can live without the Pop-up notifications...lol

Thanks and regards,

15. hTconeM9user ,

I already have that setting 'ticked'. I appreciate your continued interest.

Thanks and regards,

Thema:

How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

1. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge - Similar Threads - allow pop ups

2. How to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in the Microsoft Edge browser, here is how you can do that. You can do that with the help of in-built settings, the Local Group Policy Editor, and the Registry Editor. This explains all the methods, and...
  3. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  5. Edge's "View site info" pop-up will provide more information about the sites you visit and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge's "View site info" pop-up will provide more information about the sites you visit and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pkhpj4/edges_view_site_info_popup_will_provide_more/
  6. How to stop Edge pop up ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Edge pop up ?: So this thing happen daily on windows 10 ,edge browser random open window with some pictures,I want stop this or I will need delete edge submitted by /u/dontclickxo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jg0jcf/how_to_stop_edge_pop_up/
  7. How to stop Edge pop up

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge pop up: Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod or I phone. I keep saying "No", but the pop up keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this? I have Firefox also, and my home...
  8. Edge compatibility with certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge compatibility with certain sites: I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems....
  9. Chrome not pulling up certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not pulling up certain sites: For the past several builds my chrome has issues pulling up random sites. Sometimes the sites will pull up fine and then other times my browser will say err_connection_timed_out . I usually have to hit refresh 5-6 times before the site will actually load up. I know the sites...
  10. Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site

in Browsers and Email
    Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site: I have Flash enable in Edge (Windows 10, latest production builds). Some site will play Flash content immediately, but other sites do not and there is no "Run Flash" prompt for the site. Any thoughts on how Flash can be enabled for a site that is not giving the additional...