Windows 10: How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...

Discus and support How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck programs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackin, Jun 14, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...

How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck programs?

:)

jackin, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Tryx3 Win User

Marc,

The users that can open Task manager without any Admin prompt are signed in to standard user accounts.

• If this is not the case and they are using Windows 10 then the behaviour is not as intended.
    • I have not noticed any previous reports in the forum of this happening but if you are getting abnormal behaviour you could try searching the forum for
      Task manager opens without Admin prompt or similar.
    • Searching this forum is a pain in the neck these days, it has been severely crippled by a series of poor design & control decisions. Personally, I always search
      www.TenForums.com first.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm sorry. I can see that I seemed to have gone stupid halfway through typing my first reply. I've corrected it now.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Sorry to have confused matters.

Denis

Tryx3, Jun 14, 2019
  4. How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...

Thanks for the info ...

If this is the case why it only effecting 1 machine not all of them?

It also doesn't require the Admin username and password the standard user details work.

Marc@Glanvilles, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...

1. How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck... - Similar Threads - allow standard users

2. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  3. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  4. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  5. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

in Cortana
    Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager: I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same...
  6. Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account: I have followed this guide https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-10-non-admin-and-why and my user account does not show in logging screen, only the new admin account is there. example My account was only in the group Administrators, and not in Users as shown on the...
  7. How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs

How can I ***allow*** Windows 10 Standard users to ***uninstall*** programs: Hi, I have several user standard user accounts and I want to give them the ability to install and uninstall applications. How can I allow for the uninstall. Using gpedit.msc I found how to allow for the install of applications. Uninstall still seems to require elevation and...
  8. How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?

How to see startup items related to standard user when running task manager as admin?: So when I run task manager it brings UAC Window and I have to enter admin credentials to open task manager, however, it will not show anything under "startup" tab. See pic below: [ATTACH] Is there a way to see startup items related to standard user when running task...
  9. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178
  10. How to schedule a task as Standard User?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to schedule a task as Standard User?: I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 kill task as standard user