Windows 10: How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad?

Discus and support How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad? Or other file read by specific application , other program can not read?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 2AI, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 2AI
    2AI Win User

How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad?

Or other file read by specific application , other program can not read?

:)

2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Notepad showing gibberish for specific file content only!

To verify that this is strictly a notepad bug, you can open a new empty notepad, open this file in wordpad where it is readable, copy-paste all contents to your empty notepad and save as ANSI. When you reopen with notepad, it will show gibberish! So it seems
    that notepad will read the specific content and try to open it as UTF8. If you change a single character, or even omit a space, the file is read properly in notepad!

Kostas Manios, Sep 27, 2019
  4. How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad?

Help With The Application, NotePad On Microsoft

Hard to tell without seeing the file. On the other hand - why make life difficult for yourself? It would be much easier to do this:

• Type the text in notepad.
    • Mark it with Ctrl+A
    • Copy it with Ctrl+C
    • Create a new Outlook message and click it the text field.
    • Press Ctrl+V to paste the text.
    Or even simpler - write the text directly in Outlook rather than in notepad.

If you like you can resend the mail to me, with the attached file, using pegasus_fnlATyahooDOTcom as an address.

Frederik Long, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to allow text file read by specific application only such as notepad? - Similar Threads - allow text file

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  4. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  5. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  6. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

7. Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...: This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a text file, as a Jump List, I think.A single left click gets you Notepad. A right click lets you choose the text file.It's easy...
  8. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bar I'm not able to pin specific files to notepad on task bar by right mouse button but I was able to do it before last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  9. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bar I'm not able to pin specific files to notepad on task bar by right mouse button but I was able to do it before last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  10. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming