Windows 10: How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10

Discus and support How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you have a Roaming User Profile, the profile is stored on a network […] This article How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 28, 2021
  2. MManago Win User

Printer(s) in Roaming Profile keeps on coming back

Hi,

We're rolling out Windows 10 Pro for our users and I'm having an issue with printer(s) re-installing after deleting the roaming profile.

Profiles are stored on a windows server 2012 R2 file server and our laptop has windows 10 pro OS.

It's been our practice that when a user gets a corrupt profile we delete/renamed (old_profile.v6) the profile on the server and on the local client so when a user login to a client it will create a fresh profile
    on the server and locally in the client.

With Windows 7 Pro when I delete the profile (server and client) nothing is retain everything is fresh and with windows 10 Pro after I delete the profile (server and client) the printer installed on the user
    profile come back.

Is there a setting or something that I need to change in windows 10 pro so when I delete the user profile on the server and client nothing is retained and the profile created is a fresh copy?

Thanks in advance for the help.

MManago, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Option default printer gone in roaming profile with Windows 10 1703

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this is happening due to incompatibility of roaming profile to your version of Windows. You can head over to this
    link for the information regarding roaming user profiles. Also, this kind
    of concern will be best if you consult to the IT pro's since you are using Windows server based connection. You can go to
    TechNet Forum and get in touch with
    them, since they are experts within this scope of support.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lemuel Cie, Feb 28, 2021
  4. How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10

How to disable roaming profile on Windows 10

Hi Tudor,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for disabling roaming profile and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Configure advanced user profile" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Change type button.

4. Then change to Local profile.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10

1. How to alter Roaming User Profiles for Printers on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - alter Roaming User

2. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  3. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roaming profile issue: hello m trying to pin point my issue i never play with roaming profile before every time i reboot my pc my pinned icon on task bar and also outlook signature ands some ssetting are resetplus icon on desktop are re arrange to the left not sure what to check to see why it...
  4. roaming profile issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Roaming Profile issue

Roaming Profile issue: hello i start a new job and they are using roaming profile and few user like me if i pin some app in the task bar set some parameter in outlook signature, etc.. if i reboot its lost.what could it be i dont have all access for now so i cannot verify my self some at the AD let...
  6. My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming: First one, I am a Linux User by default, I'm developer and Linux is much better for this. And then, lately I've trying use Windows more times, mostly for Games and try to use some OS new. Here's the issue: I was try to change my username on Win10, I thought this is a easy...
  7. Issue with Roaming Profiles Windows 10 v2004

Issue with Roaming Profiles Windows 10 v2004: On a domain joined computer, Windows 10 v2004 10.0.19041 fails to correctly create a new user profile on the network location. It create the folder, but not the data files/folder/reg settings within the folder. Profile is created on the local computer. Have tested and this...
  8. Roaming profile error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roaming profile error: Can anyone help me with this? I have already done 2 clean installs so far, and the last one I had restored from a backup on my external. I learned the hard way to back up your back up But for some reason not to long after my pc started to freeze up, not respond and then I got...
  9. Roaming user profiles versioning incompatibility issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Roaming user profiles versioning incompatibility issues in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we examine why Roaming user profiles in Windows 10 and Windows Server are incompatible with Roaming user profiles in earlier versions of Windows. We will also provide recommendations to help resolve this issue. Roaming user profiles are [...]...
  10. Roaming profile problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming profile problem with windows 10: Hi. I have installed a new win 10 client, and sign in to my domain running on Windows 2012 R2 std edition. But i have a problem when the user logon. The new profile patch is Automatic created on server \\servername\profile$\username.v5 But when i logoff client,...