Windows 10: How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

Discus and support How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10. When using Explorer for Images, I would like two things : - always display Images as "Large icons" - on such Large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick_951, Mar 6, 2020.

1. How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

Hello,

I am using Windows 10.

When using Explorer for Images, I would like two things :
    - always display Images as "Large icons"
    - on such Large icons mouse over, always display Image Dimension

I managed to make such display temporarily, but I did not manage to keep it as a default behaviour for all my Images.

Would you know how to do it ?

I thank you in advance for your any reply.

Patrick

:)

Patrick_951, Mar 6, 2020
  2. AFH
    AFH Win User

Web browsers / image editors display images with different resolution?

If you look at the source of your question, you will see that there is a style= clause with width and height parameters which override the dimensions of the image:-

The SU submission process has reproduced the image dimensions in the style= clause, but another web-site may not do so. The fact that different browsers exhibit the same scaling suggests that this is the reason for your observation.

Note that SU will scale large in-line images with reduced style= dimensions to prevent panning or cropping.

3. Icons not displaying

A while ago the icons for certain types of images began to not display in detail, list, or small icons view. Instead they simply display as a weird folder with 4 squares in the upper right corner, seen to the right >
    How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ? 55bd7c98-d5d1-4bcb-b7cf-89235b0a6740.png

This isn't exactly a terrible issue, but it is quite ugly compared to what it should be. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache manually, and that did not help.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Connor Watson, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Tiru.m Win User

How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

Icon image is not displaying

hi,

i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar.

Please help me for the same.

How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ? 2432d273-268a-4c32-95a4-608cf25ca023?upload=true.jpg

Tiru.m, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

1. How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ? - Similar Threads - always display Images

2. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  3. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  4. Images and icons always show default file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images and icons always show default file icon: Hi, i recently updated windows 11 to version 22H2, and somehow image thumbnails were replaced with the default file icon:To fix this I've tried this so far:Running DISM.exeRunning sfc /scannowExplorer settings to default including view settingsDisk cleanup thumbnailsRebooting...
  5. Images and icons always show default file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images and icons always show default file icon: Hi, i recently updated windows 11 to version 22H2, and somehow image thumbnails were replaced with the default file icon:To fix this I've tried this so far:Running DISM.exeRunning sfc /scannowExplorer settings to default including view settingsDisk cleanup thumbnailsRebooting...
  6. Issue with displaying icon's images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with displaying icon's images: Hello there, I've recently run into this issue with my icons. Their images aren't appearing normally now and instead look like this: [ATTACH] Does anyone know the cause of this and how I might be able to fix this? Thanks!...
  7. How to display image over top video in photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display image over top video in photos?: So I use Windows Photos to edit my videos and I want to add an image over top a clip, like with the clip still running but the image is displayed overtop of it for a few seconds, is this even possible, also is there any other free video editors like photos that have these...
  8. "Sorry, there is no preview...." displaying over image in preview and then printing over image.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sorry, there is no preview...." displaying over image in preview and then printing over image.: Ok, I've run out of ideas. My parents get a splash overprinted both in preview and the resulting print described basically above. This is when printing from Edge on a web based email. I have already tried another browser so it is not that. Ideas? They can print without this...
  9. Icon image is not displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon image is not displaying: hi, i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar. Please help me for the same. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-is-not-displaying/a4bbd03b-c42a-43f6-9c1e-36b799961465
  10. Losing 'always display' notification icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing 'always display' notification icons: Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back is to stop and start the programs or restart Windows - flipping the switches has no effect!!! Any ideas how to fix? If MS...