Windows 10: How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 14, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 14, 2019

2. Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode

So I was on a public computer today and went to gmail and I always use Private Mode and in addition I restart the computer when I am done. Today was the first time I saw an option to browse in Guest mode as opposed to private mode.

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...sktop&hl=en-GB

Open Guest mode

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click the button with a name or People
      How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10 lYTtYmZ_QVHxVby0ZAMB4AU08fjLUhmwZOSl78b73pDnfJbjNSxd3A9s4etSXdDQx7UJ.png
    3. Click Guest.

I noticed that the People icon is not available in Private mode but only when I open up a regular browser window. So on a public computer which offers more privacy selecting private mode or guest mode. I use a public computer every day for an hour or so and this was the first time I saw that option. TIA.

phaedruspress, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2019
  4. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

Guest Mode

Hi Praveen,

To resolve your concern regarding incorrect password for your Guest account, you need to log in using your Microsoft account password. To disable Guest mode, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows button found at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command: net user guest /active:no, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

1. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - always open Chrome

2. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows: I am not able to acces my main account and only my guest account. I am not able to reset windows with the normal method in guest mode so how do I reset it. I am okay with losing all of my data except windows....
  3. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows: I am not able to acces my main account and only my guest account. I am not able to reset windows with the normal method in guest mode so how do I reset it. I am okay with losing all of my data except windows....
  4. How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

in Windows 10 News
    How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy: If you do not want to allow users to browse the internet via a normal browser window or Incognito mode, you can force Chrome users to open Guest mode only. It is possible to disable or turn other browser windows and always open Chrome in Guest mode. You can do it using the...
  5. Guest Mode logistics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Guest Mode logistics: Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of 802.11b/g/n, AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater. It says in AP mode it connects via ethernet (wired). And in Repeater mode it can connect...
  6. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  7. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  8. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...
  9. Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only. I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode), downgrade to Windows 7, restore, or do anything. There is no Administrator account, only my local guest account, and everytime I...
  10. Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode: So I was on a public computer today and went to gmail and I always use Private Mode and in addition I restart the computer when I am done. Today was the first time I saw an option to browse in Guest mode as opposed to private mode....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you open a guest window in chrome