Windows 10: How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

Discus and support How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]By default, when you initiate a file operation, which is basically Copy/Cut/Move/Paste or Delete, […] This article How to always show Fewer or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Alvan Z Win User

run cmd files should show modal or modeless dialog boxes?

I noticed odd behaviour with the "open file security warning" dialog box, but it can happen to other dialog boxes as well.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Create a .cmd file in which you call a 'blocked' installer with a dialog box.
    2. If you just Run the cmd-file, you will get the "open file security warning" in a modal dialog box, which is a good thing, I think: The user will always see the dialog box. But if you Run as administrator, the dialog boxes are shown in a modeless state.
      In this way the dialog boxes can be in the background and the user can wait forever, because it is possible he/she doesn't notice the dialog box (behind the command prompt).

Is this wanted behaviour or is this a bug?

BTW I am using Windows 10 1809 (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.805])

Alvan Z, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Dialog boxes disappeared

I’ve bought a new computer running Windows 10 and was surprised because I didn’t find the dialog boxes I used to use in Windows 7 computer. It is really important for me because I transfer MP3 files to Sony Walkman.

Specifically in Windows 7 I got a dialog box when I was trying to transfer an
    unsupported file. It asked if I want to convert
    it. Then, another dialog box let me know that there is not enough space to copy. These dialog boxes allowed me to change the situation but now I just receive a spoiled file.

Are these dialog boxes available in Windows 10? Thank you

Steve Jordani, Feb 23, 2021
  4. How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

"Extra details" when transferring (copying or moving) data on file explorer

Please run through this link for troubleshooting..

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/60654-show-...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Juliet Erum, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

1. How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - always show Fewer

2. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items: hey all,the other day my external hd had issues transferring to it/within it. i ran a chkdsk all good and replugged without further issues.today however, i keep getting all the old 'hung' items from previously failed transfer attempts in my transfer dialog pop up box.any...
  3. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items: hey all,the other day my external hd had issues transferring to it/within it. i ran a chkdsk all good and replugged without further issues.today however, i keep getting all the old 'hung' items from previously failed transfer attempts in my transfer dialog pop up box.any...
  4. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?: I have customized my views in Windows Explorer as amply described in many places on the web (including here). However, the Windows file selection dialog (used e.g. for opening and saving files) merrily ignores these settings. I would like these dialogs to *always* show the...
  6. How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While deleting a file, Windows 10 shows various details such as file name, file type, file location, etc., when it asks you Are you sure […] This article How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Standardizing file dialog boxes to always include last saved date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standardizing file dialog boxes to always include last saved date: When I open a dialog box in a folder containing all WAV files, rather than seeing my normal view, it shows me a view used for music -- and NOT including last saved date. How can I set dialog boxes within Win10 to always show the same format of view (Details incl. last saved...
  8. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?: When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be...
  9. No Transfer Dialog Box W/ Galaxy S8+

in Windows 10 Support
    No Transfer Dialog Box W/ Galaxy S8+: So when I connect my cell phone to computer, either via wireless or wired... I have no problems transferring files, but I get no "transfer dialog box". It's fine for a file here or there... but when I want to send a bunch of files and or very large files... I have no clue if...
  10. Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10: How to: Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 [img] Information When you cut, copy, or delete a file/folder in Windows, you will see a file transfer dialog box showing the progress until finished. You have a choice to show "More details" or...