Windows 10: How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

Discus and support How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below: [img] However if there's too many windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dismas, Nov 28, 2020.

1. dismas Win User

How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below:

How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews? [​IMG]

However if there's too many windows, thumbnail previews are no longer shown:

How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews? [​IMG]

Is there a way to always show thumbnail previews, even if I have more than ~15 windows open?

I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2.

Thanks,

:)

dismas, Nov 28, 2020

2. Taskbar not showing thumbnail preview.

Since last BIG Windows 10 update, my Taskbar is not Showing Thumbnail Previews

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

PeterHewes, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Bilo Win User

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Thema:

1. How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews? - Similar Threads - always show taskbar

2. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  3. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  4. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  5. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  7. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  8. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  9. Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails?: Hello. When taskbar is set to anything other then "always combine", it hides titles on preview thumbnails. So now in order to understand which thumbnail belong to what window, we have to shift our eyes from thumbnail to taskbar and search for slightly "highlighted" item,...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...