Windows 10: How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT?

Discus and support How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We installed Windows 10 IoT in eMMC Question 1: We want to get CID/CSD/EXT_CSD from eMMC to monitor its health status. Any API command we can use in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisLien0430, May 29, 2020.

1. How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT?

We installed Windows 10 IoT in eMMC
    Question 1:
    We want to get CID/CSD/EXT_CSD from eMMC to monitor its health status. Any API command we can use in Tool?

Question 2:
    If we want to get advanced information by using CMD60, how can I do this implementation?

Question 3:
    In previous WinXP, we ever used this API, ”IOCTL_SFFDISK_DEVICE_COMMAND IOCTL”. Does anything successor API for SD/eMMC?

Appreciate your time and assistant in advance. Thanks

:)

ChrisLien0430, May 29, 2020
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 IoT Core

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

The core OS image that powers Windows IoT platform on MinnowBoard MAX. Windows 10 IoT Core is the smallest version of the Windows 10 editions that leverages the Windows 10 common core architecture. This edition enables building low-cost devices with fewer
    resources. Development for Windows 10 IoT Core leverages the Universal Windows Platform. Learn more about Windows 10 IoT Core.

I would suggest you to refer the below link to download the Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 29, 2020
  4. YS_Pen Win User

How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT?

Blue Screen appeared with Windows 10 IoT that applied Raspberry-pi 3 and Finger Touch Monitor

I am new in Windows 10 IoT.

and I will make Ink application like White Board with Raspberry-pi device.

so, I wrote Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry-pi using Dashboard.

My Raspberry-pi boot well but when I connect Touch Monitor.

The Blue Screen appeared randomly.

The Stop Code is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION".

Please let me know, How I debug to find reason.

I got the dump file from Windows 10 IoT Web management.

but I do not know, It is useful or not.

YS_Pen, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT?

1. How to apply API to monitor eMMC Health Status in Windows 10 IoT? - Similar Threads - apply API monitor

2. How to issue MMC/eMMC cmd in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to issue MMC/eMMC cmd in Windows 10 ?: Hi, All. I have a notebook with Intel_N5000_CPU and Win_10.0.19044.1288, and it's hard disk is a 32G eMMCSpec v5.1. As i know, Windows encapsulate a SFFDISKSD/SDIO/MMC stack in kernel, which using SD-Bus stack. Actually i found 2 IOCTL OpCodes, which seems could issue...
  3. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Status: I have a dual monitor setup, one being the AOC C27G2Z that refuses to show a display. The screen remains black, but programs do run underneath the black screen. I have restarted multiple times, connected to a different computer, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?...
  4. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Status: I have a dual monitor setup, one being the AOC C27G2Z that refuses to show a display. The screen remains black, but programs do run underneath the black screen. I have restarted multiple times, connected to a different computer, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?...
  5. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Device Performance & Health Status unknown

Device Performance & Health Status unknown: I was reading how to troubleshoot Device Performance & Health Status unknown and followed a few steps like opening cmd and add commands but still its the same....
  7. Device performance & health Status unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device performance & health Status unknown: I have the computer connected with Microsoft account. But my PC fails to report Device performance & health, despite the fact that Windows Defender reports everything in green when checked locally. How to fix it? PLEASE![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Hard Drive Health Status (Caution)

Hard Drive Health Status (Caution): Hello! I ran CrystalDiskInfo and found out that its health status is caution. now, do you think that the bad sectors can be repaired? if yes, how? if no, how can I set CrystalDiskInfo to alert me when the situation is worse? thanks in advance. 90576
  9. Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on eMMC: Hello, for the past weeks I've been trying to tackle the following issue. I have a Lenovo Ideapad notebook that came with a 32gb eMMC card for storage. I wanted to downgrade it to Windows 7 so I ended up cleaning the card/drive completely. Soon after I found that there were...
  10. how to reformat emmc

in Windows 10 Support
    how to reformat emmc: I have a big problem that I need your help in solving... About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows 8.1 and android 4.4 installed and since it has arrived i have got blue screen errors. i have had many support emails with...