Windows 10: How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...

Discus and support How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to set Large icons view for all folders that have images except have the parent folder be set to Details? Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ixodid, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ixodid Win User

How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...

Is there a way to set Large icons view for all folders that have images except have the parent folder be set to Details?

Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

:)

ixodid, Mar 20, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

It works for me (if I understand you correctly).

I opened pictures folder and set a view to "list". Applied to all folder of this type and every folder in Pictures is presented in list view.
    In tutorials is detailed view just an example, because this view differs the most for different types.

AndreTen, Mar 20, 2020
  3. thegummy Win User
    Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

It works when viewing an individual folder but it doesn't work for libraries.

thegummy, Mar 20, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type... - Similar Threads - apply different View

2. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  3. Same view on all folders not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same view on all folders not working: I've tried to apply my prefered view (List) to all folders, but it doesn't always work. For example, when I want to save or attach, I see more details than List, and change every so often. Is there another way of applying preferences?...
  4. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  5. How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?: On windows 1809, with sfc.scannow giving no error, I run Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default(1).bat in order to reset everything then I run All_Folders_Use_Documents_Folder_Template(1).bat in order to make all folder views as document then I create my custom...
  6. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  7. How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder: How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder, so that it always opens in your preferred view, even if it is different from the system-wide default? 99731
  8. Cannot apply changes to folder view options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot apply changes to folder view options: Hi Have been using windows 10 for a few months and the other day had this update from windows that changed all my preferred settings, especially my preferred view type for my mp3 music folders and I cannot select apply changes in view in folder options, it's just gray not...
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...