Windows 10: How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...

Discus and support How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to set Large icons view for all folders that have images except have the parent folder be set to Details? Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ixodid, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ixodid Win User

How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...

Is there a way to set Large icons view for all folders that have images except have the parent folder be set to Details?

Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

:)

ixodid, Mar 20, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

It works for me (if I understand you correctly).

I opened pictures folder and set a view to "list". Applied to all folder of this type and every folder in Pictures is presented in list view.
    In tutorials is detailed view just an example, because this view differs the most for different types.

AndreTen, Mar 20, 2020
  3. thegummy Win User
    Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

It works when viewing an individual folder but it doesn't work for libraries.

thegummy, Mar 20, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type... - Similar Threads - apply different View

2. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set All folders to open with the same view: I asked this question about a year ago and some kind soul sent me a link to an app that allowed me to set view preferences for all folders permanently. Unfortunately the app has gone missing. I would appreciate any assistance.Thank you....
  3. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set All folders to open with the same view: I asked this question about a year ago and some kind soul sent me a link to an app that allowed me to set view preferences for all folders permanently. Unfortunately the app has gone missing. I would appreciate any assistance.Thank you....
  4. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  6. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  7. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  8. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...