Windows 10: How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only?

Discus and support How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a system wide theme option in Windows 10 that is called high contrast. I want to apply this theme only to certain apps/programs, while keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jj2016, Dec 26, 2018.

1. jj2016 Win User

How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only?

There is a system wide theme option in Windows 10 that is called high contrast. I want to apply this theme only to certain apps/programs, while keeping everything else as they are.

:)

jj2016, Dec 26, 2018

2. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    High Contrast Themes Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Which Is the latest build installed in your computer?

To check the latest build installed in your computer
    Press Windows key + R and type winver.

Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows + U” to open
    ease of access center.

2. Select Set up High contrast and customize as you required.

Method 2: Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    • Select Themes and click on Themes settings.
    • Select any Windows default theme and check with the issue.
    Do let us know if your computer display is back to normal. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 26, 2018
  4. IanRenouf Win User

High Contrast theme affecting other user profiles

Thanks for your reply.

If only that was the case Shawn.

I know that's how it's supposed to work but my experience is as I described - when she logs off (or uses switch user) the high contrast colour scheme still applies. When the next user who previously did not have the High Contrast theme applied logs on their
    profile loads with the High Contrast theme as well. All subsequent users have the High Contrast theme imposed on their profile.

How can one user's theme affect other users theme settings?

IanRenouf, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only? - Similar Threads - apply high contrast

2. High contrast mode still applied to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast mode still applied to taskbar?: I accidentally turned on high contrast mode, figure out what I press and turned it off. However on my task bar when I use 'Type here to search' search bar its still in high contrast mode. The text color is white and the 'Type here to search' text turns to green along with the...
  3. High contrast mode still applied to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast mode still applied to taskbar?: I accidentally turned on high contrast mode, figure out what I press and turned it off. However on my task bar when I use 'Type here to search' search bar its still in high contrast mode. The text color is white and the 'Type here to search' text turns to green along with the...
  4. Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11?: Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11, if there is please let me know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-contrast-themes-only-apply/10c782a2-2c5b-49b2-bf0f-4f6425bedc5f
  5. Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11?: Is there a way to make contrast themes only apply on file explorer in windows 11, if there is please let me know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-contrast-themes-only-apply/10c782a2-2c5b-49b2-bf0f-4f6425bedc5f
  6. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  7. How to set the default High Contrast Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set the default High Contrast Theme: I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as most people are thrown off when they see a non-standard layout. Unless you are used to High Contrast it can sometimes be...
  8. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  9. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  10. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to exclude high contrast for specifc apps

2. set high contrast mode to one application windows 10

3. force high contrast in app windows

4. disabel certain apps in high contrast windows 10,
  5. can i turn off high contrast for specific applications,
  6. apply high contrast theme features to regular themes,
  7. can i turn off high contrast for specific apps