Windows 10: How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

Discus and support How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Settings app and Control Panel are the two go-to destinations for Windows customizations […] This article How to apply Local Group Policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 24, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Delete MMC Group Policy for specific user?

Hello Mark, *Smile

Were you wanting to undo policies applied to this specific user from the MSC?

If so, open the MSC created for this specific user, set all configured policies back to the default Not Configured, and delete the MSC file.

*Arrow Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  4. How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

Backup/Transfer Local User Group Policy?

I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to backup and transfer a user group-only policy without using a domain. I need to be able to setup a policy for non-administrators and use all the same setting configurations on dozens of computers that are not networked together or using a domain with a central policy, it has to be local-only.

So I found a program by Microsoft called LGPO which backs up a local group policy and allows you to import it onto another computer but I have to verify it does not backup the SID, because some day these machines will be on the same network which is why I bare metal cloned a sysprepped base image before trying to apply this policy.

The problem I am running into is that when I make changes to the "User Configuration" in the group policy editor it affects the users in the Administrators group as if I was applying them to "Computer Configuration" because there is no way for me to specify which user groups I want the policy applied to.

I was going to try messing with Group Policy Management Console but its missing from Windows Administrative Tools in Windows 10 Pro. The other method I found was opening a console window (MMC) and adding snap-ins (Group Policy Object Editor). Then clicking browse under group policy object, selecting the users tab and select the group I want to apply the policy to. This generates a GPO (Local Computer\Non-Administrators Policy) that I can then make changes to the way I would in policy editor. This works, and if I run the command "gpupdate /boot" it applies this policy to only non-administrators. The thing is I can not export this object out of console, it only gives me an option to "export list" and if I run LGPO to back it up it does not work. I noticed after the policy is applied if I look in the group policy editor the settings are not reflected there under "User Configuration" which must be why LGPO is not backing up the non-administrators policy even after it has updated and is working correctly. I also tried to save the console and open it on another computer but the settings are not saved.

So I need to either figure out how to get LGPO to backup the non-administrators policy or figure out how to make changes to user groups within group policy editor. Seems like this is a feature of the Group Policy Management Console but I was not able to add it to Windows 10 Pro with the add/remove features method.

*Banghead

Please help!

pinkfloydeffect, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

1. How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - apply Local Group

2. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  3. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  4. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users: I did some customization for Task bar and Other File Explorer Settings through Group Policy and Registry , but none of this is gets applied The settings are1. Remove Search Bar in task bar2. Remove Windows Store3. Launch File Explorer to "This PC" instead of Quick Access4....
  5. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users: I did some customization for Task bar and Other File Explorer Settings through Group Policy and Registry , but none of this is gets applied The settings are1. Remove Search Bar in task bar2. Remove Windows Store3. Launch File Explorer to "This PC" instead of Quick Access4....
  6. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  7. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  8. Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policies to Specific User in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through...
  9. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single...