Windows 10: How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines?

Discus and support How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Regarding the brilliant Microsoft SecCon Framework:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel Krump, Feb 8, 2021.

1. How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines?

Hello,

Regarding the brilliant Microsoft SecCon Framework:

https://github.com/microsoft/SecCon-Framework/blob/master/windows-security-configuration-framework.md

1 I see lists of recommended settings, but... how do I apply them? Don't tell me I need to **manually** set each one!

2 Is the SecCon Framework officiallyish supported by Microsoft?

3 It appears the "Security Compliance Toolkit SCT" works with baselines, and comes with several baselines E.g. something like "Windows version 20H2 security baseline", "Windows 10 Edge Browser security baseline", etc. Do these baselines correspond to the SecCon Framework? Or do they overlap?

:)

Daniel Krump, Feb 8, 2021

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 8, 2021
  4. How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines?

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines?

1. How to Apply SecConf Framework Baselines? - Similar Threads - Apply SecConf Framework

2. Revert Security Baselines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert Security Baselines: Hi,I recently applied Microsoft Default Security Baselines for Windows 11 to a test group. As there are currently multiple projects running, leading to multiple problems, we decided to revert the Policies and apply them at a later point.As usual I just disabled the GPOs...
  3. Revert Security Baselines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert Security Baselines: Hi,I recently applied Microsoft Default Security Baselines for Windows 11 to a test group. As there are currently multiple projects running, leading to multiple problems, we decided to revert the Policies and apply them at a later point.As usual I just disabled the GPOs...
  4. Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict

Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict: Hello There,I am planning to configure the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for my domain controller, and after linking the domain controller policy and check the resultant group policy I found that some settings are not changed by the new policy but instead taking the...
  5. Secure Host Baseline PolicyEngine.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Host Baseline PolicyEngine.exe: How do I get a version of the PolicyEngine.exe that will run on Windows 10 Version 22H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-host-baseline-policyengineexe/2eec21a7-078e-468d-93b7-586e705ec0ef
  6. Secure Host Baseline PolicyEngine.exe

Secure Host Baseline PolicyEngine.exe: How do I get a version of the PolicyEngine.exe that will run on Windows 10 Version 22H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-host-baseline-policyengineexe/2eec21a7-078e-468d-93b7-586e705ec0ef
  7. Secure Host Baseline PolicyEngine.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Evaluation of configuration baselines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Evaluation of configuration baselines: How to evaluatetrigger any configuration baseline from configuration manager using command prompt without using powershell?? Kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evaluation-of-configuration-baselines/77b6ca39-873d-4845-bb7d-25234e0f05a7
  9. Applied Microsoft Windows 1809 baseline - Elevated Command prompt 'app has been disabled by...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Applied Microsoft Windows 1809 baseline - Elevated Command prompt 'app has been disabled by...: Hello, I'm a system admin and I've just applied Windows 1809 security baseline to an OU for some new Windows 10 machines. When I try to run an elevated permission Command Prompt, I get a blue prompt indicating "This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact...
  10. How apply for update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...