Windows 10: How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

Discus and support How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Traian Niculai, May 24, 2020.

1. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account creation and so on. I can't find a way to apply the unattended file. What is the order of applying a unattended file? First apply the wim files using dsm and then the unattended? if so what is the cmd command to apply the unattended.xml?

Also i found this article on microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...d-line-options but i dont understand the syntax . Dism /image:C:\test\offline /Apply-Unattend:C:\test\answerfiles\myunattend.xml . What does image:C:\test\offline refer to?

Thanks,

Traian

:)

Traian Niculai, May 24, 2020

2. Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

After applying the wim file of Windows 10 UEFI 1909 on a new hard drive noticed the hard drive is not boot able. I did not have this problem with Windows 10 UEFI 1903.

After applying the wim file was complete I got this massage:

Boot configuration Data (BCD) Identifier: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Please advise,

Best regards

Bamdad_1963, May 24, 2020
  3. Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, May 24, 2020
  4. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I installed the W10 1909 in UEFI mode. Sys prepped it. Used the Pewin x64 to capture and create the wim file. On a blank hard drive created three partition with CMD command:

Diskpart

List disk

select disk 0

clean

convert GPT

create partition efi size=260

format quick fs=fat32 label="System"

assign letter="S"

create partition primary size=500

format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery"

assign letter="R"

set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"

gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

create partition msr size=160

create partition primary

format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"

assign letter="W"

Using the Pewin x64 again applied the captured wim file to to the above hard drive. Like I mentioned in my post I followed the same procedure to make a bootable hard drive for the version of 1903 and did not have any problem.

I think this message is telling us something:

Boot configuration Data (BCD) Identifier: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000000

Best regards

Bamdad_1963, May 24, 2020
Thema:

How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

1. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable - Similar Threads - apply unattended xml

2. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  3. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  4. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying: Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any...
  6. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable: Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account creation and so on. I can't find a way to apply the unattended file. What is the order of applying a unattended file? First...
  7. Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI: After applying the wim file of Windows 10 UEFI 1909 on a new hard drive noticed the hard drive is not boot able. I did not have this problem with Windows 10 UEFI 1903. After applying the wim file was complete I got this massage: Boot configuration Data (BCD) Identifier:...
  8. How apply for update?

How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...
  9. Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media: How to: Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media [img] Information We have multiple tutorials on Ten Forums about creating a custom Windows install media and automating Windows Setup and OOBE. All those tutorials are intended for advanced users, requiring...
  10. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106