Windows 10: How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

Discus and support How to apply view settings of library to subfolders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On windows 1809, with sfc.scannow giving no error, I run Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default(1).bat in order to reset everything then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lqlaow, Apr 1, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

On windows 1809, with sfc.scannow giving no error, I run
    Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default(1).bat
    in order to reset everything
    then I run
    All_Folders_Use_Documents_Folder_Template(1).bat
    in order to make all folder views as document
    then I create my custom view and I apply it to all the folders

This works great, but not for library. Even worse, when I create a custom view for a library, the subfolders of this library do not inherit the custom view...
    So how do I force the subfolder to be displayed like the parent folder ?

So now the geniuses at Microsoft claim that subfolders of a library must not inherit the view of the parent folders?

why would they want that?

:)

lqlaow, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Vizal Win User

Apply library's view settings to subfolders

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 14393.321 and unlike Windows 7, library's view do not apply to subfolders anymore...

I have it set so: group by: modification date; sort by: type; view type: large icons.

However, the subfolders follow only the view for which the specific library was originally optimized for.

The option to apply folder's settings to subfolders in folder options is greyed out.

Please, tell me how do I apply my library's view settings to subfolders.

And please NO sfc /scannow reply. It's useless and never helps.

Thanks in advance.

Vizal, Apr 1, 2019
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    Library subfolders not auto applying view settings

If it's update related try following TJ's progress in this thread... btw you'll see there are a huge number of update queries coming in! - Ric.

Library
    subfolders not auto applying view settings

RicW-nw, Apr 1, 2019
  4. How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

Library subfolders not auto applying view settings

Same thing just happened to me just now, with the latest autoupdate of windows. Previously I have a "list" view of my files and folders (because it's easier to find and move files in this manner) in the documents
    and videos LIBRARY, and all of the subfolders also showed "list" view; but after the update, everything changed in view style; and when I arranged the top folders on the library, the subfolders and files inside still retained it's previous view (which is Large
    Icons). Is there already a remedy to this?

Ferdinand Laguatan, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

1. How to apply view settings of library to subfolders? - Similar Threads - apply view settings

2. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  3. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  4. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  5. How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to apply different View settings to folders of the same type...: Is there a way to set Large icons view for all folders that have images except have the parent folder be set to Details? Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657) 152638
  6. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  7. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  8. Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?: Hi, I search about this and didn't found a solution for this headache i'm having What is going on: i have a second harddrive (not external/usb) and all my files on this is with wrong ownership So, i tried use the "take ownership" menu context helper and also the...
  9. Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting: Since the latest update, viewing a folder from within a library shows the view setting (list, details, tiles etc.) that the library has set rather than the view set for that actual folder. Before the update, it would show the way the folder itself was set up therefore I...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. library view for folder and sub folder